Can anybody find her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post

The page ref 335 that Val found was the actual page number in the original ledger of wills and not the image number x of y as shown at the bottom of the screen on the ancestry page. That number corresponds to the image number in the complete database collection. Hope that makes sense.
    Not quite - I twigged that image number and page number in the volume don’t correlate and that you need to look for an image that said page no 335 at the top. I found page number 335 but not John Keen - although admittedly I’m getting a bit bleary-eyed now. What was the image number where you found it?

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

wow you are all great, and certainly looks like them on that record, have something more to work on now, thanks so much.

I did the same thing Christine looked on page 335

Comment

Well done girls
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

Not quite - I twigged that image number and page number in the volume don’t correlate and that you need to look for an image that said page no 335 at the top. I found page number 335 but not John Keen - although admittedly I’m getting a bit bleary-eyed now. What was the image number where you found it?

Christine
          The Keen will starts half way down page 335, under the double lines. I can’t remember the ancestry image number now off the top of my head. Will go look again.

Comment

Karamazov - here’s the page I got showing the ancestry image number which was 560 of 712. I went to the dataset via the card catalogue and entered the man’s name.
            Snapshot copyright to ancestry . com

0E57D02B-1086-4BA8-86D7-20015E34A127.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
              Karamazov - here’s the page I got showing the ancestry image number which was 560 of 712. I went to the dataset via the card catalogue and entered the man’s name.
              Snapshot copyright to ancestry . com

0E57D02B-1086-4BA8-86D7-20015E34A127.jpeg
              Bah humbug - after all that palaver locating the page it’s not the John Keen who died in 1895!
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I am sorry I really thought it was him, I do feel bad.

Comment

Working...
                X