Find My Past question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past question

A few days I decided not to renew my FMP subscription which expires in September, and have already had an email confirming that I am not renewing.

I am slowly going through my 30 pages of saved searches - many of which are double or even triple searches for the same event etc !

Does anyone know know if the FMP newspapers are the same as on the British Newspaper Archives? I was thinking that 84 pounds for a BNA sub is a heck of a lot cheaper than a year's sub to FMP.

Thanks a lot,

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Yes I believe they are essentially the same but most users seem to think the BNA is better at searching. So, win-win!
    Anne

Comment

Perfect!

One of the reasons for leaving is their search - it just doesn't seem very easy for me. Which is why I have all those saved pages!

Thank you,

bcbrit

George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

yes same data, different search - and is better, and you can add corrections too. Although I got FMP sub as an offer and it worked out cheaper than BNA.

I find the BNA useful in that you can have an account and log onto it in a library that has it and you can use that account. Once visited in the library you can view forever
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
        X