No announcement yet.

Cannot find Parents/Siblings at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who are the 'lords' do you know? as seem to be living with them and they young child.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
      who are the 'lords' do you know? as seem to be living with them and they young child.
      No clue!..

I have found a Daniel Davis in 1851 with wife Elizabeth and son Harry, BUT the marriage doesn't give a FOB and witness names don't mean a lot to me. I have seen that there is a burial for Harry aged 6months and then I have them I think in 1860 US census.

1851: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...U1OTA4MzgyLjYw

1851: henrys burial - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=8860

1860: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery.../41930347:7667
      on this census Daniel seem to have inherited a middle name, but didn't mention one on his marriage to Elizabeth Yates.

Not sure if this is the right one for him or not.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

here is his death in case you have not found it, someone has posted obits on the site

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...TU5NjkwMDguNTY.

so don't think he is your man, shame he is the man that married Elizabeth with middle name though.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

No the US one isn't my Daniel Davis... he is Daniel Hale Davis b. 1821 Glos to Joseph & Elizabeth Davis @ Slimbridge

Julie

Comment

Not sure what you have so far

On Ancestry Warwickshire C of E Baptisms for a f Samuel, Labourer m Mary there is a

1821 Daniel bap Langley Sutton Coldfield
            ​​1824 Mary bap Langley
            1819 Hannah bap Langley

1816 Sarah Bap Middleton Warwicks
            1813 Joseph bap Middleton

Samuel Davis m to Mary Hilton 1812 Middleton

Vera

Comment

On Ancestry Warwickshire C of E Baptisms for a f Samuel, Labourer m Mary there is a

​​1824 Mary bap Langley
              1819 Hannah bap Langley

Vera

Comment

I wonder if the church for all those ones was High Church in its outlook and the couple could have moved by the time the later two girls were born to a place where there was no nearby Church of England that was High so they chose the RC church for the baptisms?
                It’s only a thought but not beyond the realms of possibility. My late Gran born 1893 used to attend whichever version of church suited her mood or as she put it “where the vicar spoke sense in his sermons” - sense according her that was LOL. She mostly favoured High Church or Roman Catholic services but she didn’t partake of communion in an RC church. In childhood, her cousin who lived right next door, converted to RC and Gran chummed her along to services so she was very familiar with the order of service.
                Last edited by GallowayLass; 23-06-22, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

​​1824 Mary bap Langley
                  1819 Hannah bap Langley

Vera
                  Thanks vera2013 I had some but not all. I'm slowly going through the children trying to find them in the censi but not having much luck, I'm not even 100% sure that the Daniel I found in 1841 is even mine.
                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    I wonder if the church for all those ones was High Church in its outlook and the couple could have moved by the time the later two girls were born to a place where there was no nearby Church of England that was High so they chose the RC church for the baptisms?
                    It’s only a thought but not beyond the realms of possibility. My late Gran born 1893 used to attend whichever version of church suited her mood or as she put it “where the vicar spoke sense in his sermons” - sense according her that was LOL. She mostly favoured High Church or Roman Catholic services but she didn’t partake of communion in an RC church. In childhood, her cousin who lived right next door, converted to RC and Gran chummed her along to services so she was very familiar with the order of service.
                    my x2grt grandma had some of her children bapt in differing RC churches in and around Nottingham/shire. even giving them different fathers surnames or her maiden names.. some she just changed the spelling slightly. The eldest boy I have never found a RC bapt for yet have his b/cert.
                    Julie

Comment

have you seen this?

actually not really liking it to be your Hannah atm as I don't know who Ann Davis is!
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

have you seen this?

actually not really liking it to be your Hannah atm as I don't know who Ann Davis is!
                        No, I hadn't seen that cbcarolyn but it does look tantalising!

I'm not getting very far with Joseph, I have one that is b.1813 and seems to be married at least 3 times but I can't seem to find his first marriage.. and another one that's b. 1816 and married in a similar area, I think I need to revisit Joseph from the start... I have an entry in 1851 with wife Ann and son Samuel.. I'm not sure yet if I'm muddling two different Josephs or not
                        Julie

Comment

I have been looking. I need to rev up my fingers to do links. EDIT Just waiting for my other tablet to get ready. Will put up links for info
                          ​​​​
                          Think Joseph married Ann Chambers/Chamberlain . He was a Widower. Hannah Davis was a witness He is with Ann in 1841 with children Samuel and Teresa.
                          Possibly also Daniel with them.

They are at Green Lane, Sutton Coldfield

I can see 2 bps for Lucy Davis 1824 and Ellen Davis 1823 Mother Ann Davis Needle Maker Green Lane. No father given but not listed as illegitimate although many other records were at that time.

Sarah ???

Mary. ???

Hannah married James Starky. Interesting cbcarolyn that Ann Davis is Witness

?Daniel m Elizabeth Yates 1850 Edgbaston. He was a Turner. That could have been Wood Turner. No father given. EDIT

EDIT1851 with child Harry who dies later that year

Could be the USA one.

Vera
                          Last edited by vera2013; 24-06-22, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                            I have been looking. I need to rev up my fingers to do links. EDIT Just waiting for my other tablet to get ready. Will put up links for info
                            ​​​​
                            Think Joseph married Ann Chambers/Chamberlain . He was a Widower. Hannah Davis was a witness He is with Ann in 1841 with children Samuel and Teresa.
                            Possibly also Daniel with them.

They are at Green Lane, Sutton Coldfield

I can see 2 bps for Lucy Davis 1824 and Ellen Davis 1823 Mother Ann Davis Needle Maker Green Lane. No father given but not listed as illegitimate although many other records were at that time.

Sarah ???

Mary. ???

Hannah married James Starky. Interesting cbcarolyn that Ann Davis is Witness

?Daniel m Elizabeth Yates 1850 Edgbaston. He was a Turner. That could have been Wood Turner. No father given. EDIT

EDIT1851 with child Harry who dies later that year

Could be the USA one.

Vera
                            Last one is definitely the USA one Yates was the mother, loads of records on him, disappointed that it isn't him!

the marriage cert could be right, the person has found all the census for the Starkeys https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...73285666/facts

did you have/confirm deaths of Samuel and Mary?
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Have been suspended for 15 mins. Can't even find home page for FT F on my Windows tablet.

Haven't checked for Samuel and Mary deaths

Vera

Comment

Last one is definitely the USA one Yates was the mother, loads of records on him, disappointed that it isn't him!

the marriage cert could be right, the person has found all the census for the Starkeys https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tr...73285666/facts

The USA Daniel has the middle name of Hale and his parents were Joseph and Elizabeth as per post #44, I think that there are two Daniels...
                                Julie

Comment

I have this death for Samuel.. which would explain why I can't find him on the 1841. https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...U2MTQzOTc3LjYw

according to that burial record there is also Teresa at the bottom of the next page and a sarah at the top of the page, but I'm wondering if Sarah is really Mary
                                  just that whoever got the names mixed up.. a long shot I know but it did cross my mind that it could be so.
                                  Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

I have this death for Samuel.. which would explain why I can't find him on the 1841. https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...U2MTQzOTc3LjYw

according to that burial record there is also Teresa at the bottom of the next page and a sarah at the top of the page, but I'm wondering if Sarah is really Mary
                                    just that whoever got the names mixed up.. a long shot I know but it did cross my mind that it could be so.
                                    Do the dates on the burial record fit with the Teresa in the RC baptism I found in the same church as the one for a Lucy?

Comment

No the US one isn't my Daniel Davis... he is Daniel Hale Davis b. 1821 Glos to Joseph & Elizabeth Davis @ Slimbridge

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...U1OTcxMTIzLjI5
                                      Looked at the Daniel linked to the Lords family in 1841. Lord family in G!ouces 1851, f William, m Betsy and Son William

Elizabeth Lord mn Warner m Joseph Davis 1819 Gloucester
                                      Elizabeth Davis m William Lord in 1837s

Looks possible Daniel is the son who went to USA

Vera

​​​​​​
                                      Last edited by vera2013; 25-06-22, 20:34.

Comment

i have just read back through the thread, and remember now, his age was mistranscribed, and I grabbed image from FMP.

Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                        X