No announcement yet.

Cannot find Parents/Siblings at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the 25 entries were duplicates and the rest were baptised at St Philip but the father on those was variously a brass founder, engine smith and in one a wheelwright and the mother was a Mary Ann.

This lot look like the children of the couple in the marriage and Lucy’s baptism. I have now had a closer look at the original image and Mary is entered as “Mary ( Ilton ) perhaps Hilton”. Those last two words are lightly underlined. Lucy and her sister Teresa seem to be the only RC baptisms. Teresa’s entry is directly below Lucy’s and after the parent’s forenames, the next two words are “( as above ) “. Had you noticed that?

1813 Joseph
    1816 Sarah
    1819 Hannah
    1821 Daniel
    1824 Mary
    1832 Teresa

Comment

Last thought before beddy byes. The witnesses that you had no idea who they were. Could they have been Lucy’s eldest sister and her husband?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
        This is (I think) the marriage that goes with the couple in the 1827 baptism. The marriage 6 December 1812 is a good deal earlier than Lucy’s baptism so she was probably not their first child. The marriage is in a CofE church but that was a requirement back then was it not? The bride’s surname is HILTON rather than ILTON as in the baptism.

D970A848-95DD-4248-BB15-2D3F06F04C21.jpeg
        Yes, I noticed it said "perhaps Hilton" on the baptism and wondered about that marriage too but was confused by it.

The last entry on the snip I sent is for Teresa, b 1832 and another child for the same couple.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Sorry - just saw your later post about the "perhaps Hilton" and Teresa.

I also had a look at a map last night (just before bed) and thought it was quite near to Sutton Coalfield but not knowing the area didn't know if it was a possibility or not.

herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

OML Thank you Herky! that is kind of looking promising, my head isn't quite awake yet as I couldn't understand why their name was Ilton [Hilton!] it was only after a few mins I realised that was her MN!

GL and Carolyn thank you too

The parish registers on FS start @1812 so have been going through that noting ALL Davis children in that area. When I was looking for Charles Woodcock and Sarah Woodcock I came across a marriage for a Sarah Powell and Charles Woodcock. [so presumed that was it] though I will look for a Charles wc and sarah davis marriage too.

If Samuel dying in 1832 is my Samuel, would Mary have remarried?

and then of course after Lucy we have her elusive Husbands side too.
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 06-08-20, 09:41. Reason: wth is going on with my words!!!
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
              Some of the 25 entries were duplicates and the rest were baptised at St Philip but the father on those was variously a brass founder, engine smith and in one a wheelwright and the mother was a Mary Ann.

This lot look like the children of the couple in the marriage and Lucy’s baptism. I have now had a closer look at the original image and Mary is entered as “Mary ( Ilton ) perhaps Hilton”. Those last two words are lightly underlined. Lucy and her sister Teresa seem to be the only RC baptisms. Teresa’s entry is directly below Lucy’s and after the parent’s forenames, the next two words are “( as above ) “. Had you noticed that?

1813 Joseph
              1816 Sarah
              1819 Hannah
              1821 Daniel
              1824 Mary
              1832 Teresa
              ooh quite flukish there GL the other day when I was looking I stumbled over a tree branch and found a Hannah Davis d/o Samuel but mn 'private' now quite why you'd mark someone as private when they have clearly been dead for some while is beyond me. BUT, this has Hannah marrying and having children etc so the Hannah you have could well be the same Hannah I came across the other day.
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                There is a Samuel Davis burial

​​​​​​Record set Warwickshire Burials
                First name(s) Samuel
                Last name Davis
                Burial year 1835 Oct 1
                Birth year 1805
                Death year -
                Denomination Anglican
                County Warwickshire
                Country England
                Place Sutton Coldfield, Holy Trinity

you may already have this
                hmmmm now I have just found this burial and on the same day there is a SARAH aged 48 [top of next page] of Coldfield Barr [same as Samuel] and at the bottom of the page is Teresa Davis aged 3 of Coldfield barr

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageview...49&pId=3483075

so someone I think may have put the mothers name as Sarah but it was really Mary, I'm still trawling the bapts to see If I have missed anything.
                Julie

Comment

That is so sad - parents and child all dead in a short period of time. Was there an epidemic at that time? Cholera a possible?
                  Or did they die in an accident such as a house fire?

To add - just had a look at the Birmingham newspapers for 1835 - lots of mentions of Cholera - could it be that this family died of Cholera - poor souls.
                  herky

Comment

First name(s) Samuel
                    Last name Davis
                    Burial year 1835 Oct 1
                    Birth year 1805
                    Death year -
                    Denomination Anglican
                    County Warwickshire
                    Country England

Joining this a bit late, but just on reading through the posts, if this is supposed to be the father Samuel, i would have thought his dob to be earlier than 1805 as that would have made him only 7 when he married. Apologies if I am way off as recovering from a bout of food-poisoning so brain a little wonky
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post

Joining this a bit late, but just on reading through the posts, if this is supposed to be the father Samuel, i would have thought his dob to be earlier than 1805 as that would have made him only 7 when he married. Apologies if I am way off as recovering from a bout of food-poisoning so brain a little wonky
                      ha ha - oh yes, that's me that has confused it! although hadn't noticed the marriage date.

sorry to hear about the food poisoning, hope you are getting better
                      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 06-08-20, 14:36.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post

oh CRUD... I hadn't even clocked it!

Oh Linda I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell. Thank you though for pointing that out to me.. I have been painting/sorting most of the afternoon and just come back online.
                        Julie

Comment

First name(s) Samuel
                          Last name Davis
                          Burial year 1835 Oct 1
                          Birth year 1805
                          Death year -
                          Denomination Anglican
                          County Warwickshire
                          Country England

where did you see this entry Carolyn? [is there an image?] I'm not sure if it is the same entry as the one in the link that I posted. That one, with Sarah and Teresa on the opposite page, I have just looked at Samuel on the previous page and it states that he was 50yrs which would put him being born abt 1785, and Sarah [which I am presuming is actually Mary was 48yrs would have been born 1787]
                          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
                            That is so sad - parents and child all dead in a short period of time. Was there an epidemic at that time? Cholera a possible?
                            Or did they die in an accident such as a house fire?

To add - just had a look at the Birmingham newspapers for 1835 - lots of mentions of Cholera - could it be that this family died of Cholera - poor souls.
                            It's just a pity that I cannot get a death cert Herky, so sad if it was Cholera... guess we won't know for sure but if you say that there were cases then I guess it is very likely..
                            Julie

Comment

here is the image

it was on FMP
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

ahh FAB it is the same one, I'm quite happy now that it does say 50yrs... and I am going to start connecting stuff If I can..

it has been wayyyyy too hot today and have been sorting things out and moving things getting somewhat organised to be able to be in a position where I can move sons bed and desk
                                Julie

Comment

don't know why I didn't look at image, normally do - school girl error!

Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

don't know why I didn't look at image, normally do - school girl error!
                                    Don't worry we have all done it
                                    Julie

Comment

GallowayLass we had already covered this. Duh!... cbcarolyn was right.. oops
                                      Julie

Comment

where did you get to on it from here? is the one from GallowayLass likely?
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

cbcarolyn I'd forgotten about this thread duh!.. I had already pencilled in Samuel Davis and Mary Ilton/Hilton as parents.. I had started today to look at the other children... Daniel being one though I can't see to tie him down much after 1841. https://www.ancestry.co.uk/discovery...ccessSource%27)

and of course that doesn't give relationships...
                                          Julie

Comment

Working...
                                          X