Cannot find Parents/Siblings at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find Parents/Siblings at all!

As many of you know I have been looking at Lucy Davis b.1828 Sutton Coldfield Birmingham.

Tracking her children and her life after her marriage to Richard Taylor in 1856 has been a little challenging. Cousin Jane got their marriage cert and it states that Richard [48] was a widower and Lucy [30] was a spinster. Richards father was William Taylor a gardener. Lucys Father was Samuel Davis a Labourer. The witnesses were Charles Woodcock and Sarah Woodcock [I have NO IDEA who they are!]
    in all census that I have Lucy on she states that she was born in Sutton [Coldfield]

No matter which way I look I cannot tie in a baptism for Lucy or find any hint of any siblings.

There is a Samuel Davis in/around Birmingham at this time too but he appears to be married to a Mary [Ann] and be an Engine Smith.

any thoughts or ideas would be most appreciated, thank you.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Do you have them in any census after their marriage - is this them below - ages seem correct.
    Richard Taylor age 53, frying pan maker b Clent
    Lucy Taylor age 33 b Sutton
    With them are 3 older children (? from 1st marriage) and 3 younger children (? Lucy's children)
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Just in case ...not sure....but there is a Louisa Davis bapt. 30 Nov 1829 with parents Samuel and Mary in Birmingham.
      Do you have her mother's name at all?
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by herky View Post
        Just in case ...not sure....but there is a Louisa Davis bapt. 30 Nov 1829 with parents Samuel and Mary in Birmingham.

Scrap that - that is the engine smith one.
        herky

Comment

Do you have them in any census after their marriage - is this them below - ages seem correct.
          Richard Taylor age 53, frying pan maker b Clent
          Lucy Taylor age 33 b Sutton
          With them are 3 older children (? from 1st marriage) and 3 younger children (? Lucy's children)
          yep have them all through census.. aside from 1891 though she is possibly in infirmary.. Richard dies in 1867, we are waiting upon a death cert for lucy in 1903, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Julie

Comment

no I don't, it just seems odd that I can't find anything... usually you'd expect more children born in same area but nothing is jumping out. I did see that Louisa as well and wondered if Lucy could be a derivative of Louisa but I'm just not sure. [that's the Engine smith isn't it?] ahhh I see you have seen that too.
            Julie

Comment

I have been looking to see if I can find Charles & Sarah Woodcock she appears to be a POWELL before she married so no real lead there.

Julie

Comment

I've resulted in trawling the parish register for Sutton Coldfield which is on Familysearch. lord help me!
                Julie

Comment

this follows on from this?
                  https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...ere-did-she-go

you are missing 1841 and 1851 census? and baptism if possible
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 05-08-20, 19:47.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                  Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Just started looking at family search too .............hmmm!
                    Sorry got to go for now.........good luck.
                    herky

Comment

Just started looking at family search too .............hmmm!
                      Sorry got to go for now.........good luck.
                      thanks Herky x
                      Julie

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                        this follows on from this?
                        https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...ere-did-she-go

you are missing 1841 and 1851 census? and baptism if possible
                        I think I have her in 1841: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

1851: https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

yes it's the same Lucy cbcarolyn
                        Julie

Comment

Gonna call it a night, my eyes are sore but I have looked through 60+ pages in baptism book.. More tomorrow.
                          Julie

Comment

There is a Samuel Davis burial

​​​​​​Record set Warwickshire Burials
                            First name(s) Samuel
                            Last name Davis
                            Burial year 1835 Oct 1
                            Birth year 1805
                            Death year -
                            Denomination Anglican
                            County Warwickshire
                            Country England
                            Place Sutton Coldfield, Holy Trinity

you may already have this
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

There is a baptism for a Lucy Davis on 18 Nov 1827, born on the 11th. parents Samuel and Mary Ilton. it is a RC baptism, Birmingham North. The sponsor was a Stephen Philips.
                              Not sure how to copy the image to this site but will have a try.
                              herky

Comment

Not sure if this will work. lucy davis.PNG
                                herky

Comment

Just in case the above is of use the church was "Our Lady of the Assumption". Maryvale Parish, Birmingham North.
                                  herky

Comment

This is (I think) the marriage that goes with the couple in the 1827 baptism. The marriage 6 December 1812 is a good deal earlier than Lucy’s baptism so she was probably not their first child. The marriage is in a CofE church but that was a requirement back then was it not? The bride’s surname is HILTON rather than ILTON as in the baptism.

D970A848-95DD-4248-BB15-2D3F06F04C21.jpeg

Comment

It could well be the right couple. This google map shows the area of Middleton village and surrounds. Look to the south west of Sutton Coldfield for Old Oscott. That’s where Our Lady of the Assumption, Maryvale is. The second ‘o’ in the word Oscott is as good as X marks the spot.

3A9BDEB8-47A7-4A74-A949-EA192E4D5522.jpeg

Comment

On ancestry using All Birth, Marriage & Death, including Parish and dates 1822 +/10 and location as Warwickshire, I have found 25 matches for DAVIS children with parents Samuel and Mary. They may not all be to your couple but some of them certainly are given the locations.

Comment

Working...
                                        X