Ancestry being sold off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulc View Post
    My suspicions are they might want to break into medical based DNA which would be a massive market for them
    Haven't they already been doing that? In the US ancestry, you must indicate if you are willing to share your DNA results for medical research, and you may get a "health" report.

"Parents know best, but AncestryHealth® can help.

"Now you can understand more about your inherited health conditions so you can make better choices for your family. With our most advanced genetic testing technology, AncestryHealth® can identify your family’s inherited health risks for developing breast cancer, heart issues, and other conditions.
    Save $50 for a limited time."

Comment

BTW - did anyone else notice that Ancestry added Westminster BMB?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
        BTW - did anyone else notice that Ancestry added Westminster BMB?
        Yes, lots of things for me to look at but not St Margaret Westminster for the period I want (got it via Find My Past though)

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post

Haven't they already been doing that? In the US ancestry, you must indicate if you are willing to share your DNA results for medical research, and you may get a "health" report.

"Parents know best, but AncestryHealth® can help.

"Now you can understand more about your inherited health conditions so you can make better choices for your family. With our most advanced genetic testing technology, AncestryHealth® can identify your family’s inherited health risks for developing breast cancer, heart issues, and other conditions.
          Save $50 for a limited time."
          Not in UK yet.

Comment

Working...
          X