Victorian London Schools - Friar Street School, Blackfriars Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian London Schools - Friar Street School, Blackfriars Road

I'm after some help please. I have just found a newspaper article about a relative of mine who retired in 1919, but had been headmistress of the infants department at Friar Street School, Blackfriars Road in Southwark, London for 34 years.

A few years ago I found a really good website about old London schools, but didn't know which school she had been at. Now I can't find that site. And google isn't showing me any images or giving me any information about it.

Is there anyone more capable than me who could have a look and see what they could find for me please? Surely there must be a photo somewhere? I know the school doesn't exist today on the same site.

Any help anyone can give would be very gratefully received.

:D Charney Jo

Does this help at all...

The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.
    DGJay

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
      These are available to view on Ancestry.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I did have a search around, found nothing I am afraid. There are a couple of more photos after she had left on Getty images, but not of the building just of some of the pupils.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thanks all. Sorry, I couldn’t get back on yesterday. I’ll take a look at the links and Getty images.
          :D Charney Jo

Comment

Working...
          X