The elusive Sam Harvey Holt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teasie View Post
    I see that Elizabeth died in 1911 - do you have her death certificate, and was she a widow? Im intrigued by what happened to him!
    and where was she living? Still Warrington or St Helens?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post

and where was she living? Still Warrington or St Helens?
      Sams wife was Elizabeth Kitham / Phillips born 1844 in Sibertswold Kent. She died 18/02/1911 living in St Helens Lancashire.

Comment

Originally posted by Lscan View Post

Sams wife was Elizabeth Kitham / Phillips born 1844 in Sibertswold Kent. She died 18/02/1911 living in St Helens Lancashire.
        and a widow?
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

and a widow?
          No, the last we know is the 1901 Census where she was living with Sam and her son. We’re not sure from there only that Elizabeth is buried in the same grave as family members but no sign of Sam...

Comment

I have Richard Harvey Holts death, 1871-1910 died if urinery problems. He was only 5ft in, just thought I’d add that. The official document names Sam and Eliza.
            Well that cannot be the same chap as the soldier who served in WW1 and for next of kin gave name of his aunt Mrs Emma J Shaw of Brighton.
            I came across a Harvey Richard Holt in Canada on familysearch.

Just to recap, was there something up thread about another of the brothers going to USA/Canada??
            Lscan, did your info re the 1910 death come from a death certificate, and if so, can this be found online?
            I'm beginning to think this line of Holts must be like one of my E Yorks families, where several brothers each had a large family and used the same forenames for their children. Their sons repeated the practice, so you get three Johns all born in the same village and all within a three or four year time span. Tracking them all down and keeping tabs on them has been a nightmare, especially as occupation for each was ag lab!

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Janet - Lscan corrected the 1910 death date at post #72 and confirmed it as 1947

Comment

No, the last we know is the 1901 Census where she was living with Sam and her son. We’re not sure from there only that Elizabeth is buried in the same grave as family members but no sign of Sam...
                Have you identified her death registration? Details such as where she was living, whether she was a widow, and who registered the death may help in the search for what happened to Samuel.

EDITED TO ADD
                Lancashire BMD has her death in the sub-district of St Helens: http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/matc...2F69&prefix=SH

At that time St Helens came under Prescot, so this looks like it on the GRO index:
                HOLT, ELIZABETH aged 65 GRO Reference: 1911 M Quarter in PRESCOT Volume 08B Page 500

Comment

Here is the death cert I did download it yesterday

48445_302022005561_2374-00028.jpg
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you Carolyn.

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Here is the death cert I did download it yesterday

48445_302022005561_2374-00028.jpg
                      Any chance you could give a few details off the death certificate, it won’t let me download it.

Comment

Lscan, click on it, then click on save image as and save in pictures on your PC

Jay
                        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I think you need to be a member for 10 days, I have put it here:

Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                          X