can any one help identify this uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any one help identify this uniform

photo taken 1914-1916 boy is approx 8 yrs old and he is Australian IMG_20200720_0001.jpg
    avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
    researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Were there any boys brigades in Australia at that time?
    ~Val~

Comment

I have cropped out the white background for you Brian, can't help identify his uniform.

boy.jpg
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I've had a bit of a search and apart from the classic sailor suit, probably not your uniform but a possibility may be a Barnado's boy but there is no sash.

barnardos-our-history-group-photo.jpg
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Band of hope?

I associate sash wearing with religious allegiances. Would thatbe significant here?

OC

Comment

Thanks for the replies
            I have no information about the uniform. All I know is his name and possible connection to my tree
            I was hoping I could identify the uniform an thru that maybe get more details about the boy
            Religion may have been a factor but I really don't know.
            Any suggestions where I may try.
            Brian
            avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
            researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

The dates you quote in post1 could mean there is a WW1 connection???

Perhaps it might be worth a try mailing the photo to the Queensland National archives (or some other state archive if you have an idea where he might have resided) to see if they have any suggestions.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
              X