Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Months Ancestry worldwide for only $1 (80p) via Ancestry.com (not Ancestry UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Months Ancestry worldwide for only $1 (80p) via Ancestry.com (not Ancestry UK)

I have not tried the link as I have a current subscription, but via a Canadian family tree forum I am on, I have seen that they can sign up for Worldwide for $1 for the first three months and then it bills at $79 for each further 3 months, unless you cancel two days before the trial finishes.
    It is for new or RETURNING customers only, so if you have let your subscription expire, have 3 months researching for next to nothing

This is the link

web page capture.JPG
    Last edited by Jill on the A272; 13-07-20, 14:01.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Is there anything to stop you logging in at the .com version of the site and paying a dollar on your credit card for this? My sub runs out on 15 July. If nobody had tried this by then, I’ll give it a go and see if it works.

Comment

My membership had lapsed, so I've just tried this and it works beautifully!!
      Thanks very much
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Thaks so much - was about to sing up via a more expensive route and I don't need a year anyway. Thanks again it worked beautifully

Comment

That’s brill Wulliam. Will get this and that will do me till mid October then will use Elaine’s link after that.

Comment

ADMIN: can you change the title to highlight it is THREE months worldwide access for the equivalent of only 80p

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
              ADMIN: can you change the title to highlight it is THREE months worldwide access for the equivalent of only 80p
              Done for you

Comment

I cancelled my subscription on 9th July, it was due to expire 29th August and just tried the link and couldn't subscribe but got an offer of 10% on next product i purchase.
                As this offer expires 31st July I will wait till 29th August and use the other link
                Brian
                avatar is my paternal grandmother Hazel May Sheridan (Coles /// Callaghan)
                researching Coles/Sheridan from Broken Hill Callaghan from Sydney P.J O'Flynn M.J Campbell from County Clare plus others as they pop up

Comment

Originally posted by 2weis View Post
                  I cancelled my subscription on 9th July, it was due to expire 29th August and just tried the link and couldn't subscribe but got an offer of 10% on next product i purchase.
                  As this offer expires 31st July I will wait till 29th August and use the other link
                  Brian
                  It wont work, as your subscription is still live (expires 29th Aug), as I pointed out, it is for new or RETURNING subscribers (those whose subscription has expired).

Researching:

Comment

I thought I’d be ok till midnight last night as sub ran out 15th. It was fine in the morning but had gone by mid evening just as I was needing it for the Souter thread.
                    Anyhow, I used the link and was only a minute or so till I was up and running again for 3 months for $1.20 including taxes. 95.74p There’s a pending 96p in my bank app this morning. Happy Bunny Thank you Trevor.
                    Just remember when you are connected again to point your browser back to co.uk from .com

Comment

This is too good to pass up! Just a quick question - it's a good while since I've had an ancestry sub but whenever I subscribed to FMP it was very straightforward to immediately go to my profile/sub details and make sure the auto-renew option was unticked. Is there a similar option on Ancestry? If not, how do you cancel your sub before the 3 month trial finishes? Thanks, Christine
                      Researching:
                      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                        This is too good to pass up! Just a quick question - it's a good while since I've had an ancestry sub but whenever I subscribed to FMP it was very straightforward to immediately go to my profile/sub details and make sure the auto-renew option was unticked. Is there a similar option on Ancestry? If not, how do you cancel your sub before the 3 month trial finishes? Thanks, Christine
                        It much more of a faff with ancestry as they do not want to let go of you. When you click on the cancel my membership option in the my account section then you get a load of questions to answer about why you want to go and other stalling options to try to persuade to stay. Just keep clicking and ignoring them and eventually you complete the cancel process. You will get an email telling you that you have cancelled, please come back etc etc. Don’t bin that email. You can also logout and in again to your account and return to my account to double check the tick at auto renew has really gone. I usually screenshot that and save it just to be sure I have proof.
                        Make a note to cancel about 1 week before your due date as I’ve heard of folks getting caught out by weekends and bank/public holidays. Shouldn’t matter a toodles as it’s an electronic instant action but any excuse they can come up with... I think all companies that want your cash are like this not just ancestry.
                        Should the worst happen though they are pretty good at refunding you. Just make sure you haven’t used the site for database searches beyond your due date. There is an 0800 free phone number from UK. Past experience says you’ll end up chatting away with a lovely Irish person in Dublin LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                          Christine, if you are thinking of cancelling your free trial in order to take up this offer it probably won't work as although Ancestry will accept your cancellation they most probably won't allow you to take advantage of the offer.. Your cancellation won't happen until the free trial period is up. ie you can still view all of ancestry until the free trial finishes.
                          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi Kat, Sorry - I tried to edit my post to make it clearer - I meant cancelling the 3 month offer so as not to get billed for a further 3 months. I can't edit posts at the moment plus I am experiencing a few other glitches which I reported earlier on the Site News and Support forum. Since then, I've noticed a few other things I can't do - I wasn't able to Like the original post in this thread, nor can I quote previous replies to make it clear who I am responding to. And although I'm starting a new para now, that probably won't be apparent when I post the reply... Thanks, Christine
                            Researching:
                            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Still working all OK...
                              According to Visa exchange rate should have cost me £0.71p, not bad for 3 months access...

Thank you Trevor...
                              DGJay

Comment

Working...
                              X