British home children passenger lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British home children passenger lists

Need help-I am looking for British Home Children passenger lists for the following girls.Adelaide Bastard,Margaret & Winnifred Capil,Esther Simpson,Rose Schwarze,Ethel Matilda & Minnie Flaymen &Annie Linbourne.These girls came to Canada in 1902 from Barnardo's to Hazelbrea in Peterboro Ontario Canada.These names are on a plaque in Peterboro.Any help would be great.

Hmm - some of those names look ripe for mistranscription somewhere along the line - so how about these as some possibles:

Adelaide BARNARD - Barnardo Homes, destined for Peterborough - https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discov...IdNumber=99461

Ethel, Matilda and Maxine FLAXMAN - Barnardo Homes, destined for Toronto and Peterborough https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discov...ivalYear=1902&

Rose SCHWAIZE - Barnardo Homes, destined for Peterborough https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discov...ivalYear=1902&

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

CAHILL Margaret 9 DOMINION 1902
      CAHILL Winifred 10 DOMINION 1902

They were bound for Toronto, Ontario though. Left from Liverpool and disembarked Quebec. Doesn’t say who organised their passage.

Comment

SIMPSON Ada 8 COLONIAN 1902
        Ada was headed for Peterborough sent by Barnardos. No fit for an Esther/Ester/Hester SIMPSON or SIMSON

Comment

This is the only thing I could find for a surname beginning LIN but she was on the same ship as the CAHILL girls
          There was nothing matching for LAN* or LAB* (thinking there of LABOURNE etc.)
          Are you sure the names are in the correct order? E LINBOURNE might turn out to be the Esther and Ada instead of Annie for the SIMPSON. Just an idea...
          LINBOURNE E. 14 DOMINION 1902

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
            CAHILL Margaret 9 DOMINION 1902
            CAHILL Winifred 10 DOMINION 1902
            They were bound for Toronto, Ontario though. Left from Liverpool and disembarked Quebec. Doesn’t say who organised their passage.
            I thought I had edited original post to include the Cahills, but must not have saved. Your find Ada Simpson was also best match I could find for Esther Simpson. There is an E Linboune who is on the Dominion with the two Cahill girls.

Christine

PS You beat me to it with E Linbourne, GL!
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you so much to everyone who helped find these girls for me.

Comment

Originally posted by petunia View Post
                Thank you so much to everyone who helped find these girls for me.
                Petunia,
                Are you looking to flesh out their lives further - eg trying to locate them in 1901 (and 1891 for older girls) England census, their births/baptisms, 1911 and 1921 Canada censuses, marriages, deaths etc?

Christine
                Researching:

Comment

image.jpeg

For info - here are the names as they appear on the memorial.

Christine
                  Researching:

Comment

Working...
                  X