NSW death records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSW death records

My grandfather's uncle died in 1900 in NSW, Australia.

Other Australian states allow you to choose whether you want an image of the original record, or a certificate, with different prices for each.

NSW just offers certificates, and when I ask about images, they say that's what I'll get, but looking at my grandmother's certificate I suspect that what they mean is "an image of the certificate as it was first typed up", not an image of the handwritten record.

Apparently only official transcribers are allowed in to see the records, and they aren't allowed to provide images.

Does anyone know how to get images of the original handwritten records for NSW?

Thanks.

so basically, what you speak of from other states, is a "historical image" vs a "certified entry". They are one and the same, an image of the actual entry. One just has the registrar's signature stating it is an official entry from the registers, and hence is more expensive.

​​​​​​​If you want a transcript, you would order that from a registered transcriber.

when you order a certificate, it is the original entry you get an image of. If it is typed, then the original was too damaged when they filmed that register, or it was ordered via a transcriber. Your grandmother's record, did you order that yourself? Or did someone in the family give it to you?

Comment

Working...
    X