Relationships to each other 6-7 generations down the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relationships to each other 6-7 generations down the line

I'm trying to work out the relationships between three people who each share a common ancestor.

Each comes down a different line so I have the following from the common ancestor;

#1..4th great grandson
    #2..3rd great grandson
    #3..4th great grand daughter

Tablet induced brain fog has hit badly today so I'm really struggling with basic stuff right now.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Not sure on this but think the 2nd person will be 4 cousin, and the other 2 will be 4 cousins once removed.

Direct ancestor
    son son
    g/son cousin
    g g/son 2nd cousin
    2 x g g/son 3rd cousin
    3x g g/son 4th cousin
    4x g g/son 5th cousin

Does that help
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

If you use FTM Glen, run a kinship report and that will tell you what they all are to each other. You will need to run it for each person I think but it takes only a few seconds to run a report. Timings as per my tree which has just over 5k persons.

Comment

I haven't run FTM for a long time now and TP just comes up with the route from (for example) #1 to #2.

All three lines intermarried too which makes it a nightmare though I need about 5 certs to document it properly (I do have baptism, census, news cuttings and residential directiories all showing the address details which allowed me to make the connections). Lovely news cutting with the photo of one of the lads who married a cousin though so that was a bonus, just a pain in the bum looking at the bmd as it looks like there's a pile of illegitimate kids where mmn I the same as her married name.

I've also opened up an additional two marriages from this maternal batch into my paternal lines, that's three in total, I keep counting how many fingers I have and checking for extra limbs.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
        X