No announcement yet.

William JEFFS/JUFFS/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole story seems to get a good run down on Sat 11 Oct 1851 in the Launceston Examiner, I haven't read the complete account of what was going on but I think there is plenty of mischief afoot.

Thank you for the thanks but you are welcome.... I just love to research and help if I can.

Also came across a James ASHWELL living in Wellington New Zealand in 1858, said his occupation was a carpenter, this is a Government gazette. I ran a search just for ASHWELL and got no hits......only one that covered twenty years was James ASHWELL, you would think that there would be at least one other person with the surname ASHWELL , but no, interesting.

Comment

Sorry not been on much today, ooh looking interesting. Will have a proper look tomorrow.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

How do you know William Jeff who had at least 3 children with Catherine is the transported William Juffs married to Anne Busby?

Originally posted by norahs View Post
        Hello again,

More to the story as I have just realized I had my wires crossed. The Wm JEFFS/JUFFS concerned married ANNE BUSBY, daughter of Samuel BUSBY and Edith ARMSTRONG, B: IN 1811 at Houghton Conquest. They married 5 Nov 1830 at HQ.
        There were two Wm JEFFS/JUFFS that were transported, one on the John BARRY the other on the PARMELIA. The PARMELIA is the relevant Wm.

I have just located Anne with her and Wm's infant son living with her parents in the 1841 census at Houghton Conquest.

Sorry for adding some confusion.

Comment

Hi Bikermick,

I gather you too are a relative of this line of JEFFS/JUFFS. The Wm JEFFS/JUFFS transported on the PARMELIA was sent to the MITTAGONG / BERRIMA area.

Also the Wm JEFFS/JUFFS per ship JOHN BARRY , arrived in TASMANIA. The convict wrap sheet for this fellow states he was married to MARIA, and was convicted of steeling a sheep/lamb.

CATHERINE ???? ...... because no marriage can be located, to find out her surname definitively is a big problem.

Happy to work with you researching this if you like.

Comment

Further to my previous post Bikermick, I failed to add that Wm JUFFS/JEFFS per PARMELIA was ASSIGNED to Dr Sherwin of the MITTAGONG BERRIMA area.

I hope this is of help to you.

Comment

Working...
            X