freeman/cobb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merleyone View Post
    The online transcript of the baptism of Alfred Thomas Samuel Freeman shows it took place on 29/9/1899 at Christchurch, Luton, Kent (nr Chatham), parents, Spencer Freeman, Plumber, and Sarah, residence 52 Maida Rd, Luton.
    The online marriage certificate shows that Alfred Thomas Samuel Freeman, 18, Bachelor, married Violet Ellen Cobb, 22, Spinster, on 28/5/1917 in the parish church at Trunch, Norfolk.
    Bride and Groom were both shown as being of that parish with Alfred shown as a Carman but the most odd thing on the certificate is that there are absolutely no details of his father shown.
    Without any father's details being shown at his marriage and bearing in mind that Alfred was shown as a boarder in 1901 with Samuel Harrod and his wife, Elizabeth, but as a nephew with them in 1911, it seems probable that he had lived with them since before 1901, being then less than two years old , so far too young to have left home on his own accord.
    Plenty of digging still required!

merleyone
    Thanks for all the help. I have been so wrapped up looking at dna matches that I have not looked much at other matches. So now I have found a direct descendant of this branch of the Freeman family. Spencer Freeman is a fictitious name and Sarah Ann Freeman was an unmarried mother. I am now in touch with the great grand daughter of Alfred Thomas Samuel Freeman. Maybe she can explain it all

Comment

Working...
    X