freeman/cobb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeman/cobb

I was looking on 1939 for a Jack William FREEMAN b 1921 chatham Kent mothers maiden name COBB. Cant find a marriage of a Freeman/ Cobb and cant find Jack W Freeman on 1939 to confirm his father. He died 2005, so just realized he may not be on there but cant find a marriage for his parents. he married 1945 in Chatham to Ruth P Armitage..... It is a dna connection so feel sure it will be through the freeman family.

I found 2 more births Freeman/Cobb Kathleen V E 1920 and Lily I 1924

Comment

I think I have found Lily on 1939 with parents Alfred and Violet but still cant find a marriage

Comment

Gloryer - what is the Mothers first name?

Posted at the same time! Was going to say thought I had found Lily with parents! Sometimes men aren't on the 1939 as they'd already signed up for war duties!

Comment

Is this their marriage?

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...rhSource=61596

Comment

I'm guessing the record still closed on the 1939 is your Jack or unless like I've said he's already gone off for war duties?!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              yes that looks like it thank you. Norfolk? wonder why up there maybe he was stationed there. wonder if the parish records would be on line. Interested to see his fathers name. lol I am sure he is one of my freemans which accounts for the dna match

Comment

strange Alfred is listed as boarder on 1901 but with same people 1911 as nephew

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                  strange Alfred is listed as boarder on 1901 but with same people 1911 as nephew
                  Sometimes people were just down as boarders on some census' and by 1911 relationships were more noted? I think Alfred was born in Norfolk according to previous census'!

Comment

Alfred has his birth registered in medway so that will be Chatham

Comment

The online transcript of the baptism of Alfred Thomas Samuel Freeman shows it took place on 29/9/1899 at Christchurch, Luton, Kent (nr Chatham), parents, Spencer Freeman, Plumber, and Sarah, residence 52 Maida Rd, Luton.
                      The online marriage certificate shows that Alfred Thomas Samuel Freeman, 18, Bachelor, married Violet Ellen Cobb, 22, Spinster, on 28/5/1917 in the parish church at Trunch, Norfolk.
                      Bride and Groom were both shown as being of that parish with Alfred shown as a Carman but the most odd thing on the certificate is that there are absolutely no details of his father shown.
                      Without any father's details being shown at his marriage and bearing in mind that Alfred was shown as a boarder in 1901 with Samuel Harrod and his wife, Elizabeth, but as a nephew with them in 1911, it seems probable that he had lived with them since before 1901, being then less than two years old , so far too young to have left home on his own accord.
                      Plenty of digging still required!

merleyone

Comment

wow Thank you for that information. How strange things turn out. I actually lived in that same area for a while. perhaps his father was never spoken about.........

Comment

As an aside do you have this info for Alfred:
                          UK.Commonwealth War Graves

Freeman.JPG
                          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

gro has no MMn
                            FREEMAN, ALFRED THOMAS SAMUEL -
                            GRO Reference: 1899 S Quarter in MEDWAY Volume 02A Page 662
                            wonder who Spencer is

if Nephew was correct it is likely to be Elizabeths sister? was looking for their marriage, but can't see it. 1911 says 24 years
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

not grasping this transcription yet!

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&usePUBJs=true

​​​​​​Name: Elizabeth Davies
                              [Elizabeth Freeman]
                              Marriage Age: 53
                              Record Type: Marriage
                              Birth Year: abt 1855
                              Marriage Date: 5 Apr 1908
                              Marriage Place: Luton, Kent, England
                              Father: William Freeman
                              Spouse: Samuel William Harrod
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 02-07-20, 08:10.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Probably previously married to a Davis?
                                UK, British Army and Navy Birth, Marriage and Death Records, 1730-1960

Davies - Freeman marriage.JPG
                                Kat

Comment

it is confusing me with the census having 24 years of marriage. I can only assume they weren't 'married' for all of those years
                                  Carolyn
                                  Family Tree site

Comment

The father of Elizabeth on the Marriage to Harrod was Freeman - see last two posts

Marriages Sep 1883
                                    Davies Robert Medway 2a 815
                                    FREEMAN Elizabeth Medway 2a 815

It's probable that Samuel Harrod and Elizabeth couldn't marry until after the death of Robert Davies.
                                    Last edited by Katarzyna; 02-07-20, 09:47.
                                    Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                                      As an aside do you have this info for Alfred:
                                      UK.Commonwealth War Graves

Freeman.JPG
                                      wow thank you Kat, that is a real find....

Comment

and to throw in even more confusion the Elizabeth Freeman that I have b 1855 father William was married to an Alfred Cherry. they married June 1875 Maidstone. Surely its got to be a different Elizabeth Freeman daughter of William. It is a common name.

Comment

Working...
                                        X