Esther Jandrell b1738 Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esther Jandrell b1738 Help please

On Ancestry I have the marriage of Esther Jandrell and James Davenport in 1763. This is the only thing that has come up for this lady and that is the first time in all the years I have been doing the tree that I have only had one record. I am stuck as to where to go now, and appreciate any pointers
    Regards
    Ann

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
    On Ancestry I have the marriage of Esther Jandrell and James Davenport in 1763. This is the only thing that has come up for this lady and that is the first time in all the years I have been doing the tree that I have only had one record. I am stuck as to where to go now, and appreciate any pointers
    Regards
    Ann
    Could this be possible death: Esther Davenport in the England, Select Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991
    Estimated YOB tallies with that on marriage record.
    Esther Davenport
    Female
    2 Mar 1809
    Whitechapel, Middlesex, England
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Assume this is the marriage, Ann.

Esther Jandrell
      Marriage year 1763
      Spouse James Davenport
      Place London St Swithin London Stone
      County London
      Country England

Boyd's marriage index, 1538-1850
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

This one ties in with the death date Christine found. Did they have a connection to Wales?

Hester Jandrel
        Birth year 1738
        Baptism date 15 Apr 1738
        Place Knighton
        County Radnorshire
        Country Wales
        Father Abraham
        Mother Anne

Record set Radnorshire Baptisms
        Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
          This one ties in with the death date Christine found. Did they have a connection to Wales?

Hester Jandrel
          Birth year 1738
          Baptism date 15 Apr 1738
          Place Knighton
          County Radnorshire
          Country Wales
          Father Abraham
          Mother Anne

Record set Radnorshire Baptisms
          I assume this record set is on FMP? One of the 1763 marriage witnesses was a Mary Jandrell, possibly a sister? Does she feature in the same record set with same parents?

Christine
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

I assume this record set is on FMP? One of the 1763 marriage witnesses was a Mary Jandrell, possibly a sister? Does she feature in the same record set with same parents?

Christine
            Unfortunately no. Ofcourse she could be a cousin or aunt or a SIL. There are several Jandrel/Jaundrel baptised in the adjoining county of Shropshire.
            Kat

Comment

Thank you everyone,
              I do not have any connection to Wales that I have found, but what you have found looks promising. That is the marriage I found, and as we know names can change over time. I will work on what is here and see how it goes. Once again thank you, Regards Ann

Comment

I have found something strange. Esther and James had a son baptised in 1764. In her will(probate 6/3/1809) she names him as James Sandrell Davenport and I have also seen the name somewhere else. I did not make the connection at first but Sandrell and Esthers maiden name Jandrell are not too different. Any ideas Regards Ann

Comment

A "j" and "s" in old script would be very similar.

Comment

Yes that was my thought. Difficult one to know what it really should be. I think that when I saw the marriage I thought the J for James and the first letter of Jandrell did not look the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X