No announcement yet.

Advice on where to go next please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As we don't have sight of Louisa and Thomas Bright's marriage cert we can't be sure the Boulter family is a definite.

The birth cert for Louisa Jones may not have a father recorded

Vera

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
      As we don't have sight of Louisa and Thomas Bright's marriage cert we can't be sure the Boulter family is a definite.

The birth cert for Louisa Jones may not have a father recorded

Vera
      Vera/Carolyn thanks so much.

I'll go look for Mary Jones / William Jones marriage and any baptisms I can find of the children. I think I will use the record Carolyn found for now and maybe buy the BC or MC just to see what it says!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

Vera/Carolyn thanks so much.

I'll go look for Mary Jones / William Jones marriage and any baptisms I can find of the children. I think I will use the record Carolyn found for now and maybe buy the BC or MC just to see what it says!
        The baptisms are on FMP

That sound like a plan. You don't want to follow wrong family.

Vera

Comment

Jones is going to be a nightmare I guess!

there is this one:
          ​​​​​​Name: William Jones
          Registration Year: 1842
          Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
          Registration district: Weobley
          Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
          Inferred County: Herefordshire
          Volume: 26
          Page: 345
          Records on Page:
          Name
          Mary Jones
          Thomas Jones
          William Jones
          Elizabeth Vale
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post

The baptisms are on FMP

That sound like a plan. You don't want to follow wrong family.

Vera
            Vera, I don't have a sub for FMP but I have found them except Louisa's on Family Search

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
              Jones is going to be a nightmare I guess!

there is this one:
              ​​​​​​Name: William Jones
              Registration Year: 1842
              Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
              Registration district: Weobley
              Parishes for this Registration District: View Ecclesiastical Parishes associated with this Registration District
              Inferred County: Herefordshire
              Volume: 26
              Page: 345
              Records on Page:
              Name
              Mary Jones
              Thomas Jones
              William Jones
              Elizabeth Vale
              Carolyn,

This looks likley as in the same place where the births are registered and the only marriage of a Wm Jones/Mary Jones before the 1st child (that we know of) is born!

Thanks

Comment

Vera, I don't have a sub for FMP but I have found them except Louisa's on Family Search
                I'm sorry. Thought you had a sub. Do you have Ancestry? Good you found baps. No Louisa bap as you say.
                Let me know if you have any gaps from the FMP links I posted.

Vera

Comment

** UPDATE **

I have just recieved the BC for Audrey Doreen Chesterman and her mother is recorded as Mary Elizabeth Chesterman formerly Jones so I'm confused about the births/baptisms that were found and the marriage recorded as Chesterman/Bright (pg 1). i'm off to look through these 4 pages in case we decided on other records since pg1 that I've forgotten about.

Comment

Did we find Mary Elizabeths birth - I can't remember?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                      Did we find Mary Elizabeths birth - I can't remember?
                      This is what I have on my tree - we thought she was a Bright but this is obviously not the case (don't think I changed it as was waiting for BC of Audrey)

Vera found this which I think is more likely?

FMP have baptisms for Ameley/Weobley

Can see Elizabeth, Edwin, Jane - father William Jones m Mary

Also Diana Jones mother Mary but no father given

I would say the eldest Elizabeth, Edwin, Jane are from Mary Jones marriage to William Jones

Diana unknown father on baptism but could possibly be Thomas Boulter

Louise Jones b 1858 was born about the time of marriage of Thomas Boulter to Mary Jones *1858/59 so Carolyn's b for Louise Jones could be the one later recorded as Louisa Boulter in 1891.

Tessie

Comment

will refresh my head later

I think it is still looking OK - just children born before marriage making the Jones part come down the line, and then adopting new name and then reverting back!
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Tessie who was the informant for the registration of birth for Audrey Doreen Chesterman mmn Jones? If it was her mother Mary Elizabeth Jane Chesterman (Bright) she could have been asked the maiden name of the mother and instead of giving her own mn, gave the maiden name of her mother ie Jones (Louisa) who we think was registered as a Jones although known as a Bo*lter. Or maybe not and the heat is getting to me 24 degrees indoors.

Vera

Comment

Vera,

Informant is Mary and it says formerly Jones. They are at 70 Newport Road which I 'think' I've seen somewhere else on the thread? Didn't you think she had previoulsy married a Mr Jones so maybe she put her last married name rather than MN? If not then I'm more confused lol (doesn't take much lol)!?

Tessie

Comment

I would say lots of people will just not really know the names they were registered with, it will be names they grew up with. They probably never saw their BC. Perhaps her mother even liked to use Jones sometimes.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Vera,

Informant is Mary and it says formerly Jones. They are at 70 Newport Road which I 'think' I've seen somewhere else on the thread? Didn't you think she had previoulsy married a Mr Jones so maybe she put her last married name rather than MN? If not then I'm more confused lol (doesn't take much lol)!?

Tessie
                                It's possible Mary Elizabeth Jane married before Rufus Henry to a Jones and I think the correct wording on BC would be name of mother - Chesterman, previously Jones, formerly Bright?? Or is it the other way round?
                                It's worth checking for a previous marriage but I doubt there was one.

More like as Carolyn suggests Jones was used informally as a family name and perhaps Mary Elizabeth Jane was referred to as Louisa Jones' girl.

Vera

Comment

Thanks ladies - just one of those mysteries!

Comment

Just an after thought. Did we ever find Mary Elizabeth Jane Bright in the 1901/1911? Don't think she was with Dad, Thomas who re-married. There may have been a Jones involved although she did put Spinster on her marriage.

Vera

Comment

Vera, no still can't see her on the 1901/1911!

Comment

Trying to unravel the mystery of the reason for the mother of Audrey Doreen to have a maiden name of Jones. I was thinking that as Thomas was left to care for the young Mary Elizabeth Jane, Louisa having sadly died at a very young age in 1892, that she may have been cared for from this young age by a family called Jones. Her father remarried not sure when but could possibly have had a child with his 2nd wife as early as 1905. However no sign of Mary Elizabeth Jane Bright or Jones that I can see

However, I did note a possible second child for Thomas and Louisa ie Dinah Louisa Bright b June q 1891 Bedwellty. She is not on the 1891 as born after census but a family tree has her known as Cissy which morphs into Cassie L. Do you know about her?

Cissy Marries in 1909 to Albert Barnes and can be seen in the 1901 with Albert and child William James b 1910 Sep q Bedwellty interestingly she gives her maiden name as Richards.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

Looking around I see that a Cassie L Bright is living in 1901 with the Richards family who comprises Husband Alfred, wife Dinah nee Boulter and other Boulter children, mother in law Mary Boulter and niece Cassie L.

https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...=successSource

I wonder if Mary Elizabeth Jane is perhaps residing with the other sisters of Dinah ie children of Mary Boulter previously Jones nee Jones and that is where the Jones came from on your Audrey Doreen's bc.

Vera

Comment

Vera, wow thanks for this - no hadn't heard of Cissie before! I'll have a look into this Thanks so much for thinking of this!

Comment

Working...
                                          X