Advice on where to go next please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
    Possibly. There is a Mary Elizabeth Bright in the 1891 with father Thomas b Pondy, Mon with wife Louisa b Herefordshire with Mary Elizabeth said to be b Hereford but I think she maybe is the Mary Elizabeth Jane on the GRO b 1887 Bedwelty mmn Bolter

A Louisa Bolter m Thomas Bright 1887

I can see an education record on FMP for Mary Elizabeth Bright same dob as 1939 at school in Nantyglo, Mon father Thomas
    ​​

A Louisa Bright dies 1892. Can possibly see Louisa with family. Not getting anything definite for Thomas and Mary E after that. Will put up links.

Vera
    Vera / cbcarolyn - I was just going to ask this myself as could only find the Mary E Bright born in Bedwelty (hadn't come across 1891 census)!

Comment

I started looking for a Jones connection yesterday as thought she must be a Jones and widowed Bright, and found very little, stopped looking when Elaine had the marriage entry and she was a spinster. Bright seems to be more popular in the area than I thought.

so back to the marriage details

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
      Do you think Henry is Rufus Henry Chesterman?

Rufus Henry Chesterman (grocer's assistant) marries Mary Elizabeth Bright spinster in Abergavenny 1914. Marriage is on FMP, could Audrey be related to the family?

1901 as Rufus in Rhondda born Bwlch father Thomas....occs matches marriage for father and son
      1911 as Henry assissting grocer born Bwlch
      1939 Henry grocer master

Witnesses to the marriage are William Henry Powell Beatrice Jessie Chesterman

Beatrice marries Thomas Alfred Williams 1916
      Mary Elizabeth Bright her details:
      father Thomas Bright - Carpenter
      address is Angel Hotel (I think that is what it says), and she is a Waitress
      11 November 1914 age 28

he was at 37 Cross street

Her DoB from 1939 reg is 21 Mar 1887
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-06-20, 17:20.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

GRO only have these for 1887

BRIGHT, MARY BENFORD
        GRO Reference: 1887 M Quarter in MANSFIELD Volume 07B Page 72

BRIGHT, MARY DAVISON
        GRO Reference: 1887 J Quarter in STOCKTON Volume 10A Page 77

BRIGHT, MARY ANN GERRISH
        GRO Reference: 1887 M Quarter in KEYNSHAM Volume 05C Page 612

So this is looking like the favourable one and Vera found some records

BRIGHT, MARY ELIZABETH JANE BOLTER
        GRO Reference: 1887 J Quarter in BEDWELLTY Volume 11A Page 73
        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-06-20, 17:23.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
          I started looking for a Jones connection yesterday as thought she must be a Jones and widowed Bright, and found very little, stopped looking when Elaine had the marriage entry and she was a spinster. Bright seems to be more popular in the area than I thought.

so back to the marriage details

Mary Elizabeth Bright her details:
          father Thomas Bright - Carpenter
          address is Angel Hotel (I think that is what it says), and she is a Waitress
          11 November 1914 age 28

he was at 37 Cross street

Her DoB from 1939 reg is 21 Mar 1887
          Is this on Ancestry or FMP?

Comment

GRO only have these for 1887

BRIGHT, MARY BENFORD
            GRO Reference: 1887 M Quarter in MANSFIELD Volume 07B Page 72

BRIGHT, MARY DAVISON
            GRO Reference: 1887 J Quarter in STOCKTON Volume 10A Page 77

BRIGHT, MARY ANN GERRISH
            GRO Reference: 1887 M Quarter in KEYNSHAM Volume 05C Page 612

So this is looking like the favourable one and Vera found some records

BRIGHT, MARY ELIZABETH JANE BOLTER
            GRO Reference: 1887 J Quarter in BEDWELLTY Volume 11A Page 73
            I could only see the one in Bedwelty that seemed to match with everything else!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post

Is this on Ancestry or FMP?
              the parish marriage record is on FMP, i think the schools records are on there too that Vera found

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/reco...F913117385%2F1
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

You have probably got some of these by now but for the record
                Marriage Thomas Best and Louisa Boulter 1887 https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...2F000027%2F163
                Birth of Mary Elizabeth J Bright 1887 https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...2F000070%2F364
                1891 Census Thomas and Louisa Bright https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...1%2F0029773989
                Louisa's death https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...2F000040%2F112
                Louisa in 1881, 1871 and 1861
                https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...1%2F0018641949
                https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...1%2F0019566267
                https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...1%2F0009989085
                Vera
                Carolyn edit for new line returns
                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 30-06-20, 21:20.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
                  Thanks Vera and everyone else. I've ordered Audrey's BC to sort out the confusion of MMN

Comment

Hope the bc solves the mystery

Possible Louisa 's mother Mary was a Jones 1858 marriage but doubt that is who Audrey Doreen was referring to. Lots of Jones in Wales

Vera

Comment

looks like a full set of records there, and not a Jones in sight!
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

I think this is Thomas with new wife?
                        https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35/edit/record
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Please can anyone find the 1891 census on Ancestry of them as it's not finding them or I can't find them anyway?

Comment

I think this is Thomas with new wife?
                            https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...35/edit/record
                            Thanks Carolyn

Comment

From the top of my head try Beight for 1891 on Ancestry for Thomas and Louisa

Vera

Comment

the 1891 was a right mess on the transcription 2 families together https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...30&usePUB=true
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Thanks as always

Comment

Did anyone spot Louisa's birth on their searches? I 'think' her MMN is Hatton but unable to find her birth and her (what I think are her) parent's marriage - I also think her father was married before.
                                    Thanks

Comment

Just remebered Family Search and found some marriages but the lady I thought was her Mum isn't so off to find the 1st marriage of her Dad to get MMN and then hopefully search for her birth

So I thought Mary Hatton was Louisa's Mum but Mary Hatton and Thomas Boulter didn't marry until 1863 (even though they are together on the 1861 census with a few children). So I did another search and found another marriage for Thomas Boulter to Charlotte Herrits but still can't find a birth for Louisa?

And now I think I have the wrong people as the 1851 census has no children on just Thomas and Charlotte ... hmmmm .. think I need to start again!

So I went back to the 1861 census where Louisa is with parents Thomas and Mary. I found her sister's (Jane) birth on the GRO in Presteign and MMN is Price. Using this combination of names and using Presteign I get the following children:
                                      Elizabeth 1847
                                      Jane 1849
                                      Emeline 1852 (not on 1861 census)
                                      Dinah 1854
                                      John 1855 (not on 1861 census)

On the 1861 there is also
                                      Louisa 1858
                                      Thomas 1860
                                      Charles 1862

I've tried using Boulter/Bolter with Price, with and without using Presteign as POB but I can't get anywhere so do you think between John in 1855 and Louisa in 1858 Thomas re-marries? I've found a Thomas Boulter b. 1860, Weobley MMN Jones and Charles b. 1862, Weobley MMN Jones but still NO Louisa??!!

Comment

I didn't look for louisa - I stopped looking

Veras link on 1861 takes you to these:
                                        Thomas Boulter Head Married Male 43 1818 Agricultural Labourer -
                                        Mary Boulter Wife Married Female 40 1821 - Almeley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Elizabeth Boulter Daughter Unmarried Female 18 1843 Labourers Daughter Almeley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Jane Boulter Daughter Unmarried Female 13 1848 - Almeley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Diana Boulter Daughter - Female 7 1854 - Almeley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Louisa M Boulter Daughter - Female 3 1858 - Almeley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Thomas Boulter Son - Male 1 1860 Labourers Son Kinnersley, Herefordshire, England
                                        Carolyn
                                        Family Tree site

Comment

Just opened the image of 1891 for Thomas and Mary. What a mess.

I did look for Louisa do b on GRO. No luck but she has been recorded as a Louisa M sometimes.

I think there are two possible families one is for mm n Price ? Elizabeth and the one I favoured was for Jones is Mary. Both Hereford but reg Presteigne for Price. Other reg District is Woebley? for Mary

Doing this from memory. Will check out my history. I agree Thomas married before.

Vera

Comment

Working...
                                          X