find a person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• find a person

a few months back i posted about trying to find a grave belonging to some babies (my great uncles). On their birth certs it listed the neighbour as the informant of the births and deaths. Is there anywhere or way i can find information on her? I have limited info - Name of E Wheatly, lived at 147 Freehold, west rainton, durham in the of 1917.

any ideas appreciated. i'm 99.9% certaiin she isnt related but as she was linked to the births i would like to see if i can find any info on her
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I did wonder if you could start with the 1911 census summary books, but the address is incomplete it should be 147 something, Freehold - at a glance can only see Quarry and that appears to be empty

Here is is in Ancestry
    https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...20_01737-00226 NB the pages are out of order as they have opened out the full sheets.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

147 Quarry Rd?Row not recorded in 1911. 145 is there.

possib!e within area

Wheatley, Ellen b 1884 Leamside
      Wheatley, James Boilersmith b 1856 (1875) Freehold, Co Durham

living High Moorsley, Hetton le Hole, Durham

Wheatley, Ellen b 1884
      Wheatley James b 1875 Blacksmith

19 West Row, Rainton Gate, Durham RD

Vera

Comment

freehold was actually the road, it has since been turned into a new housing estate - i asked on the west rainton pages
        **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

in the 1911 census you will see the names of the streets in 'freehold' it seems to be an area. Not sure f you are on ancestry and can follow the link, you need to go to page 10 and onwards you will see Front, Cross, Middle streets, & Quarry & Drapers Row. quarry is the only one that goes as high as 147 in 1911, 147 and in fact 148 are uninhabited. Were your family at 148?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

was checking that out Carolyn. On Ancestry 1911 summary 147 Quarry Row, Freehold, Leamside, W Rainton. Uninhabited residence. Can check 1911 on FMP via address - only 147 with Freehold is Quarry Row

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
              was checking that out Carolyn. On Ancestry 1911 summary 147 Quarry Row, Freehold, Leamside, W Rainton. Uninhabited residence. Can check 1911 on FMP via address - only 147 with Freehold is Quarry Row
              I put the link in my first post, was wondering if the family in question was at 148 also uninhabited. I find the census summaries handy to see other neighbours...the images are not in page number order.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
              X