Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone decipher this name?

Hello,

Can anyone decipher this page particuarly Louisa's surname? The transcribe has her as Louisa Starr Shamas and also says reported Fife but I think it actually says reported wife (as at above it says known as Mrs Greenaway)? I can't find a marriage for them.

Thanks, Tessie.
    Attached Files

Looks like Starr reputed wife. Perhaps they never married and he was saying they were married. Is it army records?
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Could it be Louisa STONE?
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Top line Louisa Store known as Mrs Greenaway
        First column Louisa Store known as Mrs Greenaway
        Next column Reputed wife
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Looks like STONE to me. Is the man she’s supposed to be married to called GREENAWAY or is that the name of her first husband or even her own maiden surname if she never actually married anybody in the first place?

Comment

Louisa Stone known as Mrs Greenaway, repute d wife.

OC

Comment

Thanks everyone - I'll go and see if they married later using MN Store/Stone

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                Looks like Starr reputed wife. Perhaps they never married and he was saying they were married. Is it army records?
                Yes Lin, army records.

Comment

Working...
                X