http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

I missed out the irish children:

1854 - Morris John - Cambridge from census
      1857 - Morris Edward Barnet - Oxford, Oxfordshire, England qtr1
      1858 - Morris Alice - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England qtr4

1861 - Ipswich census
      1861 - Morris Letitia Ipswich (from census)
      1863 - Morris Henry - Shoreditch, London, England qtr4
      1867 - Morris Robert Patrick - St. Luke, London, England qtr4

1869 - St Lukes Workhouse
      1869 - Morris Margaret Bristol or Spain June
      1871 - Dublin baptism Margaret
      1871 - Morris James William - Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England qtr1
      1872 - Morris Joseph (from census) Ireland

1872 - Dublin - 3 Baptisms Nov/Dec
      1873 - Morris Frederick Henry - Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England qtr2
      1878 - Morris Thomas - Chorlton, Lancashire, England qtr2
      1881 - Morris Norah E - Worcestershire (from Census)

1881 - Birmingham census
      1885 - Morris Florence Beatrice - Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England qtr4

children in purple...13 (?)
      gone wrong somewhere then
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

So John Morris was born before they were married?
        F

Comment

Also the 1891 census has Frederick born in Glasgow.
          F

Comment

MORRIS, FREDERICK HENRY RODEN
            GRO Reference: 1873 J Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 520

this is from GRO
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

MORRIS, EDWARD BARNET RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1857 M Quarter in OXFORD Volume 03A Page 538

MORRIS, ALICE RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1858 D Quarter in CAMBRIDGE Volume 03B Page 448

MORRIS, HENRY RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1863 D Quarter in SHOREDITCH Volume 01C Page 182

MORRIS, ROBERT PATRICK RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1867 D Quarter in SAINT LUKE MIDDLESEX Volume 01B Page 655

MORRIS, JAMES WILLIAM RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1871 M Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 510

MORRIS, FREDERICK HENRY RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1873 J Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 520

MORRIS, THOMAS RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1878 J Quarter in CHORLTON Volume 08C Page 879

MORRIS, FLORENCE BEATRICE RODEN
              GRO Reference: 1885 D Quarter in WOLVERHAMPTON Volume 06B Page 528

these are from GRO - based on Roden and Morris - not really played about with variations on GRO

didn't find these
              1854 - Morris John - Cambridge from census
              1861 - Morris Letitia Ipswich (from census)
              1869 - Morris Margaret Bristol or Spain June
              1872 - Morris Joseph (from census) Ireland
              1881 - Morris Norah E - Worcestershire (from Census)

MORRIS, LETITIA ELIZABETH ROWLAND
              GRO Reference: 1861 M Quarter in IPSWICH Volume 04A Page 583

...some of these were way back in post 24/25

they must have moved so often they forgot where they had the children
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you for that ,Carolyn. I should have checked there. I did look on GRO for Sophia MORRIS ,but was not successful .I also looked for John but didn't find that either.

Comment

Busy people! I posted before seeing that John had not been found. Or Sophia

Comment

As Letitia says she is from Newark so much, checked my Notts stuff as my family lived there just before this time period and there is a baptism at Newark St. Mary Magdelene

Letita Rawden dau of John and Alice Rawden Newark laborer bap 10 Oct 1838

Marriage transcribed as John Rawdin to Alice Hullam Q4 1837 Newark
                    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

Comment

so Rawden morphed into Roden

John Rawden was witness wedding in Cheltenham

there is this one
                      MORRIS, JOHN BORDON
                      GRO Reference: 1853 S Quarter in HUNTINGDON Volume 03B Page 192

possibles:

MORRIS, NORA LETITIA MARTIN
                      GRO Reference: 1882 D Quarter in WINCHCOMB Volume 06A Page 401

or if not:
                      MORRIS, NORA MORRIS
                      GRO Reference: 1882 D Quarter in SOLIHULL Volume 06D Page 565
                      MORRIS, NORA VIOLET -
                      GRO Reference: 1882 J Quarter in WARWICK Volume 06D Page 611
                      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 27-06-20, 22:34.
                      Carolyn
                      Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine View Post
                        As Letitia says she is from Newark so much, checked my Notts stuff as my family lived there just before this time period and there is a baptism at Newark St. Mary Magdelene

Good finds Elaine. Like you, I was concentrating round Newark and environs earlier to see if I could find anything likely for Letitia in 1841 and 1851 but didn't come up with anything. Her father's occ of engineer on marriage cert is possibly "embellished"?? And although her age fluctuates a bit through 1861-1911 censuses, none of them would have made her full age (of 21) as claimed.
                        Any sign of any younger siblings in your Newark baps that might help with finding her in 1841 and 1851.?

As John "Morris" was born before her marriage I was looking for births of a John Roden/Rowdin, but it might be worth looking again now that Rawdin and Rawden have been thrown into the mix as other surname variants.

Christine
                        Researching:
                        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Nothing came up with the BMD discs I have so far to find anything about Alice and John or a later marriage backed up by a death; there's a birth but Burton MMN and 1yr old death but couldn't see a birth reg. Tried looking for a L*t* and not getting very far.

Also have seen the name as Rhoden.
                          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

Good finds Elaine. Like you, I was concentrating round Newark and environs earlier to see if I could find anything likely for Letitia in 1841 and 1851 but didn't come up with anything. Her father's occ of engineer on marriage cert is possibly "embellished"?? And although her age fluctuates a bit through 1861-1911 censuses, none of them would have made her full age (of 21) as claimed.
                            Any sign of any younger siblings in your Newark baps that might help with finding her in 1841 and 1851.?

As John "Morris" was born before her marriage I was looking for births of a John Roden/Rowdin, but it might be worth looking again now that Rawdin and Rawden have been thrown into the mix as other surname variants.

Christine
                            I thought the john Morris in Huntingdon looked promising?
                            Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-06-20, 07:53.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Nothing came up with the BMD discs I have so far to find anything about Alice and John or a later marriage backed up by a death; there's a birth but Burton MMN and 1yr old death but couldn't see a birth reg. Tried looking for a L*t* and not getting very far.

Also have seen the name as Rhoden.
                              do you mean Alice and John parents of Letitia?

Alice birth is on GRO
                              MORRIS, ALICE RODEN
                              GRO Reference: 1858 D Quarter in CAMBRIDGE Volume 03B Page 448

I did find a few possibles on post 70 for some of the missing ones.
                              Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-06-20, 07:59.
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

possibly stretching the mistranscription too far for Margaret - but there is this:

MORRIS, MINNIE ALICE mmn DANN
                                GRO Reference: 1869 J Quarter in PANCRAS Volume 01B Page 80
                                Last edited by cbcarolyn; 28-06-20, 08:11.
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                                  Busy people! I posted before seeing that John had not been found. Or Sophia
                                  Have I missed something? (Quite possible!) Who is Sophia?

C
                                  Researching:
                                  HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post

Have I missed something? (Quite possible!) Who is Sophia?

C
                                    maybe she meant Letitia?
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Sorry folks.Says Sophia on transcription of 1861,but on closer inspection it must be Letitia.

Comment

Did we have this somewhere? - can't see a previous posting.

Letitia Rowdin 1838 Q4 Newark MMN Hallam
                                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

It was post 40
                                          Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                          X