Missing relative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing relative

This is my first post here and hoping that someone can tell me if I am going about this the right way.My wife and myself have been researching our family trees for a couple of years now. I have come to an impass for my GG Grand Father, William Williams. We ordered his marriage certificate to try to get more info on his parents and his birthplace but unfortunately both these sections were blank. After an appointment with the family History lady at Newcastle Library, no new leads were found. Back to Trove to search some more and I stumbled across a screen shot from the Hunter Valley Genealogy Forum with info on my target from 2013. This forum no longer exists and the contact given was unable to assist with the original poster, "NATESDAD". It stated that my William Williams was born in 1845 @ Brisbane Waters. His wife and daughter listed match my family history as we have info from the wifes side, Mary Ann born Mewett. Other than the wedding details we have no other firm evidence as to his origin or ending. Mary Ann is buried in an unmarked grave at Sandgate (NSW, Australia). Any advice on how to go forward or any info would be gratefully accepted. My wife also has received a certificate for her family with the same omissions which was a bit disappointing after I was able to identify my German heritage from their son's Australian marriage certificate.

I would obtain the birth certificates of william williams' children. Eastern australian states generally require the same info: name and place of birth, father's name, age, birthplace and occupation, mother's name and maiden name, and when and where the parents married, how many children by name and age.

birthplace of parents may be broad on one child's record but detailed in another, for example "yorkshire" vs "leeds, yorkshire."

Comment

Also obtain the death cert for william's wife mary anne mewet, as that will list all the children's names. and if they are born in NSW, parent's surnames aren't included in the indexes, so without knowing who you are looking for, could be a difficult exercise.

dis the marriage cert have birthplace for mary and her parents names?

Comment

Thank you for the advice, we will try that line of investigation. The space on the marriage certificate for parents was blank for both sets of parents. It was noted on certificate that Mary Ann’s father gave permission for the marriage as she was only 16 and he is noted as a witness .

Comment

Working...
        X