No announcement yet.

hannah guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now asked who john and rebecca married. Apparently its her mums dna that I have a small connection with so presumably one of those. john or rebecca would be her grandparent........

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
      I have now asked who john and rebecca married. Apparently its her mums dna that I have a small connection with so presumably one of those. john or rebecca would be her grandparent........
      so it IS the right family then? so if you have the right info and they have the wrong... but you share DNA then something is amiss... maybe they will check everything again and see where they have gone wrong.. this is why certs are important.. they back up the evidence. [and shows just how looking at Ancestry/FMP or any other site] and taking what is there as gospel and presuming can get you into a whole lot of trouble!..
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

the dna match would come from Hannah guy except that they have her killed off. lol The one married to Thomas Sinden is the same one as mine but they dont know that she carried on having children with Thomas Baker after Thomas Sinden died.

Comment

the dna match would come from Hannah guy except that they have her killed off. lol The one married to Thomas Sinden is the same one as mine but they dont know that she carried on having children with Thomas Baker after Thomas Sinden died.
          maybe show her the death and census of the one they have killed off then show her yours where she is still alive? I think that some people have DNA done and build trees just so they can say that they have done it.
          Julie

Comment

is the only thing wrong with her tree is the fact she killed off Hannah? and the knock on effect that she went on to have more children?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I am not sure as I cant see her tree. AS far as I know they only had John sinden b1829 but he goes to Horton Kirby with his mother and Thomas Baker so I am wondering how she has worked out her connection to this family. She does say she is new to all this. Not sure if Rebecca is sinden or baker. I have asked who they married so I wonder if they have even got the correct John Sinden or REbecca Sinden and just took the details from ancestry, which is what she said at the start.

Comment

since I asked the question about who john sinden married it has been very quiet. Although i have now taken out a subscription and found a tree with just 3 people in. Thomas Sinden Hannah Guy and her mother as Eliza Kennard. I had her mother as Eliza but no maiden name. Trouble is the person who has this tree hasnt signed in for over a year but message sent

Comment

mmmmmmmm now that I have taken out a sub I have looked at the tree with Hannah Guy and Thomas Sinden and it seems its all wrong. She did say she has no paper work and has got her tree from ancestry!! Well she has Hannah's death before Thomas Sinden so out of curiousity I searched for them on 1851 census which they would be according to her but nowhere to be found...... I believe they are related to a John Sinden and they have attached a couple of census records to a John Sinden but in both census he is on his own no family so how did they work out his parents? Not sure where I am going with this one as not had any response since questioning her 'research'. Somehow there is a DNA match which I thought would be Hannah Guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    um.. have you thought that the reason they didn't marry was because Thomas was already married?

I am just putting this here so that I come back to this later. I am going through my thru lines and its a bit of a long shot but there is a brother for Thomas Baker called Rueben and he has a son Levi. to me they sound like jewish names, so maybe Thomas Baker was from a different religion or as you say he may have already been married

Comment

I have 2 DNA matches that seem to connect to Thomas Baker but i cant find anything definite to prove that he belongs to the same Baker family but they are from the same area and time scale. confused.com lol

Comment

would Dallington parish records be the same as Warbleton parish records.? They are about 4 miles apart. My Thomas Baker says on census b Warbleton and there is a baptism for a Thomas Baker same time scale at Dallington, which would link my Thomas to these 2 other families

Comment

They are adjacent parishes so although they are not the same families may well have moved around locally and found themselves in either parish just moving employment to a neigbouring farm, my husband has family from near by and they seemed to shuttle between Rotherfield and Withyham.

Comment

I am inclined to believe its the same family given that I have 2 matches with DNA although small and with the close proximity of the villages. I havent found any other baptisms for Thomas Baker. Just wish I could find a marriage for Thomas and Hannah. but I did come across a marriage for a John Baker whose father was Thomas Baker, not really much help but I will investigate that further.

Comment

well just browsing through my ancestry stuff and this came up as having a common ancestor. Thanks ancestry. lol. I have added details and it appears the match is a half 4th cousin. They obviously didnt believe what I told them or they would have come back to me by now. I wonder if they ever got any certificates and if it proved anything.

Comment

well just browsing through my ancestry stuff and this came up as having a common ancestor. Thanks ancestry. lol. I have added details and it appears the match is a half 4th cousin. They obviously didnt believe what I told them or they would have come back to me by now. I wonder if they ever got any certificates and if it proved anything.
                                I'm not sure Gloryer. Sometimes people have their stuff all over the place DNA/trees etc but when you contact them they either don't reply or remove their stuff. Nowt so queer as folks!

I've also been down the route same as you, pointed out details that are very very wrong and even shown them the 'right' info and still they aren't interested!

I have noticed though that more info is out there you just have to know where to look!
                                Julie

Comment

just to update this thread I now have the digital version of Hannah Sinden's death 1855 who was living in Bexhill Battle at time of death, I also found her on 1851 census in Bexhill Battle with daughter Sarah Ann Sinden aged 18. this is not the one who was the widow of Thomas Sinden, not much detail on there really other than she was a servant.
                                  So I breathe to live another day . lol

Comment

Working...
                                  X