hannah guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hannah guy

OOOooooooh so excited,,,,,,,,,, just hope I get a reply. When I ordered a birth certificate for Eliza Baker b 1842 it gave the mother as Hannah Guy formerly Sinden. Her first husband died 1832 and I never found a 2nd marriage for her to Thomas Baker so just assume they lived together but she lived until 1893. Most people that have Hannah died her of just after her first husband dies but they all seem to be connected to the Sinden family well now I have found somebody who is connected to the Guy family and has a small dna match. Yippee. lol. I have asked them for more details but the dna is managed by somebody else so fingers crossed they can enlighten me on more of her family.
    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-04-21, 19:26. Reason: Emily should be Eliza

Very exciting for you gloryer

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Hope it turns out to be a breakthrough for you gloryer.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Isn't it lovely when you have a breakthrough. Good luck.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Oh dear. I have just had a reply and they inform me that Hannah Guy married Thomas Sinden 4th February 1828 and they had a son John. Hannah Guy died 1855 in sussex aged 49. Heck how do I convince them otherwise. I have Hannah Guy on a birth certificate as Hannah Guy formerly Sinden as the mother of my 2nd great graandmother making her my 3rd great grandmother. John Sinden is on one of the census with her but under the name Baker as thats whom Hannah lived with...................oh poooo. I suppose I have to ask if they have the death certificate.

Comment

There is a death for a Hannah Sinden in Battle district, first Q of 1855, Bexhill comes under that district and there is a burial for her aged 55 at St Peter, Bexhill on 18 Feb 1855 (Sussex family History Group transcript)

Comment

arghhhhhhhhhh I hate this reply.

Sorry. No paper work. They are my 4th great grandparents, built my tree through information on ancestery. Good luck with trying to solve.

Hannah Guy didnt die she set up home with Thomas Baker. The census even has JOhn Sinden same age but as John Baker. I dont want to order any death certificates because I know its not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                  There is a death for a Hannah Sinden in Battle district, first Q of 1855, Bexhill comes under that district and there is a burial for her aged 55 at St Peter, Bexhill on 18 Feb 1855 (Sussex family History Group transcript)
                  thank you . If she was born 1806 then that would be the wrong age. I will appeal on facebook i am sure there will be a group on there that may shed some light. I need somebody with that death certifcate to see what details are on there. Although that may not be conclusive.

Comment

You have not been able to trace your Hannahs death?
                    Carolyn
                    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Yes I have it . She died 1893 Darenth Kent. She is on 1891 census. That is the correct death for the widow of Thomas Sinden not the one everybody has 1855 Battle Sussex. That one should be on the 1851 census as mine is in Horton Kirby by then having a family with Thomas Baker. I just rechecked the parish records for a marriage for Thomas Baker and Hannah Guy but still cant find one. They could have got married in Sussex before moving to Kent but I have searched Horton Kirby and Darenth

Comment

She is with Eliza and Thomas on census, how odd that the other tree has gone in the wrong direction, I assume you have showed her the census where she is alive with Eliza?
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 17-04-21, 19:26. Reason: Emily should be Eliza
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
                          arghhhhhhhhhh I hate this reply.

Sorry. No paper work. They are my 4th great grandparents, built my tree through information on ancestery. Good luck with trying to solve.

Hannah Guy didnt die she set up home with Thomas Baker. The census even has JOhn Sinden same age but as John Baker. I dont want to order any death certificates because I know its not mine.
                          Totally agree that you don't need to order the death cert! Bet they've gone with the death reg without ordering the cert.

Comment

so disappointing as I thought I may have made a decent connection and find out more information on that side. Worse still they are managing the tree for somebody else...

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                              She is with Emily and Thomas on census, how odd that the other tree has gone in the wrong direction, I assume you have showed her the census where she is alive with Emily?
                              I dont think they are really that interested. They just took their details from ancestry so they are happy with what they have. No paperwork !! It could all be wrong.lol I do have quite a few certificates and stored them in acid free sleeves. I do really need to get a proper folder to store them in. They are in a case at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
                                Totally agree that you don't need to order the death cert! Bet they've gone with the death reg without ordering the cert.
                                100% agree. Ask for confirmation of what they think is the death.

Comment

I'm confused - I can't even find a birth registration for Emily Baker b 1842 with the mmn of either Guy, Sinden, or anything similar, and the only Thomas & Hannah Baker I can see in Horton Kirby in 1851 don't have a daughter named Emily? There is an Eliza with them, b 1845, and her mmn is on the GRO as Gray so could easily be misread instead of Guy. Frederick Q1 1851, has his mmn recorded as Grey. Am I looking at the right family?

In 1841 they are in Farningham - is Rebecca Baker the same person as Rebecca Sinden bap Dallington 18 Dec 1831 d/o Thomas & Hannah? I can't trace Jane though.

As to the other tree, in 1851 there is an unmarried Hannah Sinden aged 50 living at Woodsgate, Bexhill, along with her 18-year-old daughter, Sarah Ann. This will be the one who died in 1855. Personally I would only chase the death certificate for the 'other' Hannah if you have a nagging doubt about your own research. If you are quite certain you have sufficient evidence then I wouldn't give the other tree a second thought.

Comment

yes sorry should be Eliza not Emily........I thought the certificate read GREY at first as it was so badly written but it is GUY.
                                    Anyway I think curiousity has got the better of this other 'researcher' and she just messaged me. lol So I thought I would ask what happened to John Sinden b 1829 as he is on the census as John Baker. Also I am not sure if Rebecca is a SINDEN or BAKER. Thomas Sinden died 1832 so guessing she will also be a Sinden

Comment

ahh - i had looked and looked for Emily and thought I must be going mad.!

I can see your frustration as you want to try and use the DNA match - which won't make sense if she is in the wrong place, is there a way that you could show her where she has gone wrong in the tree, presumably more than one mistake?
                                      Carolyn
                                      Family Tree site

Comment

um.. have you thought that the reason they didn't marry was because Thomas was already married?

Surely if there is a DNA connection then someones research is askew?

I'd point them to Teasies reasoning.. re Hannah in Bexhill. sounds solid to me that you have the right info.. if it does turn out to be wrong.. [which I doubt] then why is there a DNA connection?

sorry probably muddied the waters even more now!..
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X