Plant, brough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
    I have just read the other thread and see you have birth cert, the 1939 reg is exactly a year out - so I think likely to be him, years do often seem slightly out.

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...se#post1294845
    The 1939 register gives dob of 11Oct 1905, which matches exactly the dob given when the death was registered. The 1911 census is out, giving a year of birth of 1906, but as his birthday was in October, he would only have been 5 when the entry was returned, but 6 by the end of 1911.

No Carolyn, I haven't had time to follow up any of the other children, but I reckon they are all deceased by now! However, I'm not sure that we should post details of any of their descendants on here and post 1911 census, it is much more difficult to be sure that one is on the correct path.Plant is a fairly common surname nation wide.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Will take a look, yes as they get more recent it won't be possible to post.

I think Annie Laura, married:
      Name: Annie L Plant
      Registration Date: Apr 1935
      [May 1935]
      [Jun 1935]
      Registration Quarter: Apr-May-Jun
      Registration district: Leek
      Inferred County: Staffordshire
      Spouse: Albert E Holford
      Volume Number: 6b
      Page Number: 699

and then I think this is her death:
      Name: Annie L Holford
      Death Age: 30
      Birth Date: abt 1909
      Registration Date: Jan 1939
      [Feb 1939]
      [Mar 1939]
      Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
      Registration district: Stoke on Trent
      Inferred County: Staffordshire
      Volume: 6b
      Page: 304

and can't see any children
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

There is a marriage of Vera E Plant to Frank Simcock 1930, and I think these have had children as there is a newspaper report about their sons Death in 1988 age 56 in Congleton. No idea if this is definitely your Vera though.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

I do recommend that you have a search through ancestry, you can access via your library at home (probably) until the end of July, and you may even have findmypast

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...-on-everywhere

You can search around for children using Gee and Plant, see some notes here:

https://www.familytreeforum.com/foru...aiden-name-mmn

I think from a quick search on FMP they had James Laurance 1904; Albert Edward 1905; Vera Eliza 1907; Janet 1910; Olwen 1917; and Joan 1917

If I get a chance will have a look later.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Comment

Thank you all so much ...

Comment

Working...
            X