Will Of Patience Ann Smith 320 Mile End Rd Shadwell? London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Of Patience Ann Smith 320 Mile End Rd Shadwell? London

Hello, Its cold in Wellington New Zealand. I have this will of Patience Ann Smith Died 21 July 1866. Can someone read the underlined words, just cannot make them out. She seemed to be wealthy, Was she?.She does not seem to show up on the 1841-1851 census and the 1861 still may not be her.
    The son William Smith lived at Back Rd Shadwell in 3 census, but may have died shortly after his mother, but no death record nor a birth record to a Patience Ann. The possible widow (Elizabeth) remarried 1868. Any thoughts?.
    ThankYou.
    Attached Files

Hi, I would love to be able to look at the will for you but I am new to this site and am not allowed to see it yet, it's a shame I would like to help you

Comment

Hi again, Patience Ann Smith was a widow and had 7,000 pound when she passed. The probate record on Find My Past, says it was proved by her son William Smith a hair dresser of 5 back road shadwell and Nicholas Blake 64 Hanover street Pimlico both Gentleman and executors.

Comment

Typo, UNDER 7,000 pound

Comment

wearing apparel, Grantham Lincolnshire, Jenkinson.
          F

Comment

Originally posted by norahs View Post
            Hi, I would love to be able to look at the will for you but I am new to this site and am not allowed to see it yet, it's a shame I would like to help you
            Hi Nora - welcome to the forum it won't be long before you are able to see things, 10 posts should mean that you can do more on the forum, and then 10 days I think still comes into play.
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
            Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I think this is maybe Abraham Cockman probably written as Cocksman in the will.
              The C for Cocksman is not a G - see Grantham
              he is in Grantham on 61,71 and 81 census at least. Born Camberwell 1835 - a schoolmaster
              https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=7572

With his parents on 1841
              https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=8767
              Last edited by Katarzyna; 13-06-20, 10:42. Reason: addition
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank You all for your replies. Some thinking to do. Still looking for Patience Ann Smith. Is there any group that collects documents like will's .Like to share with anyone else decended from this Smith family.

Comment

Wills are very cheap at the moment, only £1.50 not sure which ones you are after?

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk...eaxPFfBmi1w77U

I did put a snip of your image here so that Nora could see https://photos.app.goo.gl/NrRiCPEzt9MB11hN8
                  Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-06-20, 08:28.
                  Carolyn
                  Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Hi, I think everyone has been looking at the will and missed the other questions you asked, I certainly did.

Not having a lot of luck but found William on 1861 as a hairdresser and a daughter called Patience Ann.

Looked for his bap and found it born 27 Jun 1811 Upper Chapman St, Church Cannon St in St George in the East. Parents John and Patience Ann. Found 2 more bap. Eliza Ann 1816 and Mary Ann 1815. Can't find a marriage. There is one for Jas Smith to Patience Woodly in 1808 Harefield but not sure.

Got to go now but will look back later , perhaps someone will carry it on.
                    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

HI Lin, Thank you, was only looking at 1812. could be the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                        I think this is maybe Abraham Cockman probably written as Cocksman in the will.
                        The C for Cocksman is not a G - see Grantham
                        he is in Grantham on 61,71 and 81 census at least. Born Camberwell 1835 - a schoolmaster
                        https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=7572

With his parents on 1841
                        https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...&rhSource=8767
                        if this is the nephew cadilliac do you know who his mother is? I had a look this morning to see whether he was the nephew by marriage, or even if his wife was actually the niece, but didn't get far.

I also couldn't make out the name of the grandson

This her burial:
                        Patience Ann Smithy
                        abt 1780
                        27 Jul 1866
                        London, England
                        CTHC/01/048
                        her address was 320 Mile End Road, Stepney
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 14-06-20, 12:57.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Carolyn, I looked her up this morning and didn't get far and didn't write it all down but her maiden name was Willmore born about 1803. Couldn't find a Patience Ann Willmore so thought it was a wrong move on my behalf.

I couldn't even find her burial. Well done.
                          Lin

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                            Carolyn, I looked her up this morning and didn't get far and didn't write it all down but her maiden name was Willmore born about 1803. Couldn't find a Patience Ann Willmore so thought it was a wrong move on my behalf.

I couldn't even find her burial. Well done.
                            not sure it is the same one as the birth date is 1780.
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

I have found Patience Ann Symonds marrying a John Smith with baptisms for Henry John, Eliza Ann

John a baker (Tower hamlets)

and a Patience Ann & William Smith and William with baptism of

Benjamin Nicholas
                              William a bricklayer
                              Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

The first one would fit in with what I found. William born 27 Jun 1811. Father John a Baker.

I can't find the marriage on FMP. What date is it Carolyn please

Looking at Abraham Cockman born 1835, I am wondering if he is a Great Nephew. Just putting ideas here.
                                Lin

Comment

There is one avenue I know of you could try with regards to the will, a cousin of mine I met through genealogy has a website where you can post wills

I have put some on there with the hope someone will come across my family
                                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                                    The first one would fit in with what I found. William born 27 Jun 1811. Father John a Baker.

I can't find the marriage on FMP. What date is it Carolyn please

Looking at Abraham Cockman born 1835, I am wondering if he is a Great Nephew. Just putting ideas here.
                                    yes re great nephew seems more likely.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...-00334/7053195

​​​​​​Name: Patience Ann Sym
                                    Record Type: Marriage
                                    Marriage Date: 10 Oct 1809
                                    Marriage Place: St John, Hampstead, Camden, England
                                    Spouse: John Smith
                                    Register Type: Parish Register
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

I think you are absolutely right about Elizabeth Smith marrying again and to James Joseph Scully, MMN for children includes Elvis/Elves and William Smith marries Elizabeth Elves 3 Nov 1832 Saint Dunstan, Stepney
                                      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hello all, Thank you cbCarolyn for the snip. I too found the census for son William with wife and children-one named Patience Ann after grandmother. Further search found John Smith the Baker, father, also.

Seems they also had Eliza Ann, Mary Ann, Henry John.

Comment

Working...
                                        X