No announcement yet.

Will Of Patience Ann Smith 320 Mile End Rd Shadwell? London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry Smith gets one hundred and fifty pounds. Elizabeth is also the name of Henry's wife, Henry is a grand son. Nephew is Abraham ??? still working on this one. Thomas Jenkinson solicitor. The place looks like Grantham

Comment

Henry Smith, the grandson married Elizabeth Helen Sharod July 1855, her father was John mother Betsy (Elizabeth). (Henry's parent's.....William Smith married Elizabeth Elves 3rd Nov 1832 Stepney her dob 7June 1818- father William Elves Mother Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by norahs View Post
        Hello all, Thank you cbCarolyn for the snip. I too found the census for son William with wife and children-one named Patience Ann after grandmother. Further search found John Smith the Baker, father, also.

Seems they also had Eliza Ann, Mary Ann, Henry John.
        I had not found all the children, a was still trying to find the nephew link, and why she did have so much money?

I have had a look through the papers to see if any mention of Patience - John Smith is a little too common! maybe he is mentioned as a baker.

They must have all predeceased her as none are in the will?, and only mention of grandson and grand daughter. A very selective will, as the Nephew seems to be one of many.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Henry Smith gets one hundred and fifty pounds. Elizabeth is also the name of Henry's wife, Henry is a grand son. Nephew is Abraham ??? still working on this one. Thomas Jenkinson solicitor. The place looks like Grantham
          Norah: so you don't think it is this one that I quoted in post #7

"I think this is maybe Abraham Cockman probably written as Cocksman in the will.
          The C for Cocksman is not a G - see Grantham"

It is definitely Grantham in Lincolnshire anyway.
          I think he must be a great nephew rather than nephew too, Lin.
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Katazyna, the one you found was the one I was following and his mothers maiden name was Elves.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
              Carolyn, I looked her up this morning and didn't get far and didn't write it all down but her maiden name was Willmore born about 1803. Couldn't find a Patience Ann Willmore so thought it was a wrong move on my behalf.

I couldn't even find her burial. Well done.
              I am assuming that Willmore red herring? and that she was Symonds? not finding anything really

So Abraham Cockman MMN is Elves and William Smiths wife is Elves?
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Sorry about that, didn't write it down and guessed the wrong name.

Just checked and Abrahams mother was Lucy Willmore.

Lucys Parents were John Willmore and Mary Groves

James Cockmans parents were Joseph and Mary Dorrington.

Could be wrong but they were the nearest marriages I could find.

Lin

Comment

What site did you find those on please Lin?
                  We need to know the sources.
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 15-06-20, 16:18.
                  Kat

Comment

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...1%2F0006160104
                    1841 Census with Abraham on. Went to GRO for Janes birth and mmn Willmore

Lucy Rebecca Willmore Bap Parents John and Mary. Fits with census

Wasn't sure about a marriage but there is one to James Copeman in 1827

This marriage fits James Willman to Mary Groves May 1802 St Mary Newington[/URL]
                    https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...%2F0390130%2F1

Carolyn edit- Link wasn't quite working
                    Last edited by cbcarolyn; 15-06-20, 17:37.
                    Lin

Comment

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...2F71427784%2F1
                      James Cockman bap 21 May 1797 Cheshunt as per 1851 census

Marriage 2 Oct 1785 Cheshunt. Joseph to Mary Dorrington

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/transcr...2F74024906%2F2

Hope it's all turned out alright, took me ages to sort out. Not hard but not very computer lit. Sorry

Lin

Comment

Thanks Lin - that's great.
                        Edit: It was the Elves that threw me!
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 15-06-20, 19:15.
                        Kat

Comment

I have the marriage of Abraham to Harriet Susannah Groves
                          https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...31/edit/record

Name: Abraham Cockman
                          Marriage Age: 22
                          Record Type: Marriage
                          Birth Date: abt 1834
                          Marriage Date: 27 Dec 1856
                          Marriage Place: St Paul, Bermondsey, Southwark, England
                          Father: James Cockman
                          Spouse: Harriet Susannah Groves
                          Register Type: Parish Register
                          Carolyn
                          Family Tree site

Comment

No help - in tracing his 'aunt' but he has a big article in the paper

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/bna/...aham%20cockman
                            Carolyn
                            Family Tree site

Comment

Sorry about that, didn't write it down and guessed the wrong name.

Just checked and Abrahams mother was Lucy Willmore.

Lucys Parents were John Willmore and Mary Groves

James Cockmans parents were Joseph and Mary Dorrington.

Could be wrong but they were the nearest marriages I could find.
                              I got all excited and thought we had hit on a connection there

Carolyn
                              Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post

Norah: so you don't think it is this one that I quoted in post #7

"I think this is maybe Abraham Cockman probably written as Cocksman in the will.
                                The C for Cocksman is not a G - see Grantham"

It is definitely Grantham in Lincolnshire anyway.
                                I think he must be a great nephew rather than nephew too, Lin.
                                Hi Katarzyna, Yes I do think it is him as you found. His name and occupation are mentioned in the will and he shows up in the census living Grantham .

Comment

Katazyna, the one you found was the one I was following and his mothers maiden name was Elves.
                                  William Smith, Patience's son, married Elizabeth Elves as I mentioned in other post, so this all fits.

Comment

William Smith, Patience's son, married Elizabeth Elves as I mentioned in other post, so this all fits.
                                    I think there was a muddle - Abrahams mother was Willmore
                                    Carolyn
                                    Family Tree site

Comment

Taking a guess at a marriage for Mary Ann Smith 1815 at the same church as William

she is then on the census returns in Mile End Old Town, birthplace varies, marries Henry Berry, no mention of them in the will but wanted to note the marriage.

Looking at the will, just checking something as I found a marriage, did Eliza Ann marry as Elizabeth to Thomas Stopher 1844?

Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hi again, I don't know if this will prove very helpful but I have noted record/records at the UK Archives via Discovery. Might be a coincidence but might not, Thomas Cramp of 16 St Anne court Wardour st Soho Middlesex, Butcher and Patience Ann Smith

of Rathbone Place Middlesex Widow. Plaintiffs George Gramp, Elizabeth Cramp, Thomas Cramp and Patience Ann Smith, defendants Edward Bryant of Somerset Gent.

Comment

So sorry meant to add the date.... 1854. Open document.

Comment

Working...
                                          X