Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Stallworthy Straker

Evening
    I am unable to find Kathleen's birth. The 1939 register says 08th August 1908. Have found her Essex marriage record to one of my relatives and her Dad named Septimus Stallworthy Straker but he also draws a blank. I have finally got access to Ancestry WW via library access but also come up blank on there and on familysearch. I can only think they are from another country or part of the travelling community unless any of you wonderful, clever lot can find her?!

Marriage https://search.ancestrylibraryeditio...=successSource

Thanks as always

Tessie

glad to hear you got in the library at long last, better make the most of it
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Tried to work Jessie out ( from 1911 Forest Gate ) 1901 and 4 names came up and found this birth by chance not using surname

Kathleen Stallworthy Spring Q3 1907 no MMN Greenwich

Dorothy Stallworthy Spring Q2 1905 no MMN Greenwich

1901 I found ref RG13/1242/136/10
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Is it possible that Kathleen Stallworthy and Jessie are illegitimate children of Septimus Straker.

That Kathleen knew that Septimus was her father, and added his name to hers to make it appear that she was NOT illegitimate?

Or that K and J were living with their mother under HER maiden name, and that father's name was S Straker, and Kathleen added Straker as her last name. Same reason

That sounds very convoluted!!

It would be interesting to see who were the witnesses on her marriage certificate.
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Is it possible to find any school records for wither Kathleen or Jessie?
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Ah thank you! I knew there would be something somewhere I hadn't thought of! Maybe the parents just didn't marry or yes they were illegitmate.

Comment

Working...
            X