No announcement yet.

Family History Show Online - Sat 20th June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave in too but although I paid £5 .50 (not £6) ? this afternoon about 3.15. I still haven't received an email from them so I cannot get to the videos so am a bit miffed to say the least. The money went out of my bank account straight away. I am interested in The Genealogist because of the tithe maps and non cons like Caroline. I have quite a few of those I cannot find online. I had a free trial awhile ago so cannot do that again.
    I have emailed FH so awaiting their reply.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
      I gave in too but although I paid £5 .50 (not £6) ? this afternoon about 3.15. I still haven't received an email from them so I cannot get to the videos so am a bit miffed to say the least. The money went out of my bank account straight away. I am interested in The Genealogist because of the tithe maps and non cons like Caroline. I have quite a few of those I cannot find online. I had a free trial awhile ago so cannot do that again.
      I have emailed FH so awaiting their reply.
      Would be interested to hear their reply. I joined at 14:25 and the cost was £6 as it was “on the day” rather than in advance. My email acceptance was instant but it took me a wee while to complete the request for the free 6 months magazine sub. I had totally forgotten that I once had a free trial many years ago and my email was already on their system. I had no idea what my password was so had to get it reset, then everything worked fine. You then have to “start” the sub which I haven’t done yet.
      I do remember when I had the trial, that I found the interface very clunky and it was hard to refine results so that you were not overwhelmed with poor matches. I hope it has improved a lot since then.

Comment

Did I miss something? Are you talking about a free trial for TheGenealogist? I didn’t see that being offered.
        Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

No. They are offering a reduced subscription to The Genealogist (not a free trial) at the show. I had a free trial with them a few years ago. I mentioned that because as you probably know if you have a free trial with any company you can only do that once.
          Buy a Diamond Annual subscription for a discounted price of £109.95 and get a Bookazine, Online Magazine Subscription and more!

Christine : My bank account shows as The Family History £5.50.
          Last edited by Katarzyna; 20-06-20, 20:25.
          Kat

Comment

This the reply just arrived. They obviously didn't read my email sent today LOL!!!

"Hi Kathy,
            The emails were sent out last week, it may have gotten lost in a junk folder. I have copied your email below. please let me know if you have anymore questions
            All the best
            Paul

We hope you're as excited as we are about The Family History Show Online this Saturday! This email is to announce the official pre-show opening, so you can now log in and submit your questions to experts and exhibitors ahead of the big day.

The show takes place on 20th June from 10am (British Summer Time) until 16:30. However, you'll be able to access the talks for a full 24 hours.

How to log in:

To log in to the show, go to: https://thefamilyhistoryshow.com/virtual/

Enter your login details given below:

etc etc"
            Kat

Comment

Thanks for that Caroline. Ipswich has 12 parishes they have only records for 1 - St Nicholas and they don't have Baylham or Rushmere st Andrew only Rushmere further north. Bubbles I really need those. Will have to wait for Suffolk Record Office to put theirs online. A long wait though methinks. I do have some discs from SFHS and they are gradually bringing out some 1650 - 1753 baps this year. Not cheap but cheaper than travelling from here to the RO
              Kat

Comment

Thanks Caroline. Lots of interesting looking stuff but the particular parishes I want in my counties are not there. Ones that are “might be’s” are too early for me as I’m not that far back in a lot of places. I think I’ll pass on the sub offer as I have so much else to do over the coming months.
                The tithe maps would be good but they can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                  I gave in too but although I paid £5 .50 (not £6) ? this afternoon about 3.15.
                  I was told at the time of purchase that the ticket was £6 and it completed as such. Out of curiosity, I have just checked the pending transactions on my account. I’m only paying £5.50.

Comment

Working...
                  X