X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Archives re-open?

Article of interest from WDYTYA

Carol

I’m hoping it will be service as usual in the ScotlandsPeople centre in Edinburgh when it opens. For some time now the Adam dome search room has been shut and they have only used the Reid Room. If they open up the dome again and use both, there should be more than enough room to accommodate the usual number of bums on seats from the Reid Room and have everybody socially distanced.

Comment

awww POO.. I was kind of hoping it'd be before then... ah well, I don't suppose that it'll hurt they ain't going nowhere!.. the mystery will have to wait a little longer.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I'm desperate for the local library to reopen, I have no printer at home but a recent breakthrough means I have 20 pages of wills etc to print off! Added to that frustration is the fact that the library was just about to move into new premises before lockdown, so that will be a further delay, grr.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          I'm desperate for the local library to reopen, I have no printer at home but a recent breakthrough means I have 20 pages of wills etc to print off! Added to that frustration is the fact that the library was just about to move into new premises before lockdown, so that will be a further delay, grr.

OC
          can't you email it to one of your daughters to print off for you [double sided if they can?] then socially distantly drop it off for you?
          Julie

Comment

Unfortunately no! The only daughter near enough to do it does her printing at work and of course, they are closed and won't be opening until possibly September - health and beauty spa.

OC

Comment

Unfortunately no! The only daughter near enough to do it does her printing at work and of course, they are closed and won't be opening until possibly September - health and beauty spa.

OC
              Oh poo!.. That's no good is it?
              Julie

Comment

Do you guys have public printers such as officeworks in the uk? I get all my printing done by them. Usually 200 pages pmsl. I leave it too long, usually because i know it takes an afternoon or two to sort out the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  Do you guys have public printers such as officeworks in the uk? I get all my printing done by them. Usually 200 pages pmsl. I leave it too long, usually because i know it takes an afternoon or two to sort out the paperwork.
                  Not that I am aware of Kyle.. 'some/most' libraries have photocopiers/printers that you can get things printed off etc.. printers are so cheap to buy here though it's daft £30! it costs more to fill them with ink than it does to buy a new printer! blooming daft talk about single-use plastics.. it's utter madness!
                  Julie

Comment

OC
                    I just had a look at online printing and found this Kyle.
                    OC it might help you too..

Ryman offer a wide range of printing services online and in-store. We can print all of your files directly from email, USB stick or CD format.

and there is also

Easy online document printing from desktop and mobile. No registration, no minimum order, free UK delivery. Get an instant quote and order online today!

who knew such services were about? not me.. but I do now.
                    Julie

Comment

Ooh, thankyou for that, Julie! I didn't know that either, so useful because my library is only open 3 days a week at the best of times. Now to collect everything up.....

OC

Comment

mind you like you say you can get a printer for £25, 125 copies at 20p and you get your money back! I never buy the 'proper' inks. Have to say I use mine so infrequently I think the inks must dry up, so have to get it to clean heads about 4 times to get it working. Now I have started using the on line postage I need a printer! I hadn't realised you can do online postage and still get proof of posting in the PO (when I am ready to venture into PO), and you get a discount online.

Guess with all this working and schooling at home printers are limited choice atm!
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Cbc

I got rid of my printer because the inks dried up and my copies were costing me about £2 each! As I lived five doors down from the library, I never got round to replacing my printer. My present need is a one off and I probably won't need anything else printed for a year, lol. Add to that, I have no computer, so no point in having a plug in printer anyway.

OC

Comment

Ooh, thankyou for that, Julie! I didn't know that either, so useful because my library is only open 3 days a week at the best of times. Now to collect everything up.....

OC
                            That's ok OC if it makes life easier then I'm all for it.
                            Julie

Comment

Cbc

I got rid of my printer because the inks dried up and my copies were costing me about £2 each! As I lived five doors down from the library, I never got round to replacing my printer. My present need is a one off and I probably won't need anything else printed for a year, lol. Add to that, I have no computer, so no point in having a plug in printer anyway.

OC
                              Presumably you are accessing this forum with either a phone or tablet over WiFi? You can buy a WiFi enabled printer reasonably cheaply these days. Connect it to your router (cable should be in the box) and download the appropriate app to your tablet or phone. Open the app and it should “see” your printer. Printing from your device is then simples ?

Comment

Working...
                              X