Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Archives re-open?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    When will Archives re-open?

    Article of interest from WDYTYA

    HTTPS://bit.ly/3ctp0Jj

    Carol

    #2
    I’m hoping it will be service as usual in the ScotlandsPeople centre in Edinburgh when it opens. For some time now the Adam dome search room has been shut and they have only used the Reid Room. If they open up the dome again and use both, there should be more than enough room to accommodate the usual number of bums on seats from the Reid Room and have everybody socially distanced.

    Comment


      #3
      awww POO.. I was kind of hoping it'd be before then... ah well, I don't suppose that it'll hurt they ain't going nowhere!.. the mystery will have to wait a little longer.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

      Comment


        #4
        I'm desperate for the local library to reopen, I have no printer at home but a recent breakthrough means I have 20 pages of wills etc to print off! Added to that frustration is the fact that the library was just about to move into new premises before lockdown, so that will be a further delay, grr.

        OC

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          I'm desperate for the local library to reopen, I have no printer at home but a recent breakthrough means I have 20 pages of wills etc to print off! Added to that frustration is the fact that the library was just about to move into new premises before lockdown, so that will be a further delay, grr.

          OC
          can't you email it to one of your daughters to print off for you [double sided if they can?] then socially distantly drop it off for you?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

          Comment


            #6
            Unfortunately no! The only daughter near enough to do it does her printing at work and of course, they are closed and won't be opening until possibly September - health and beauty spa.

            OC

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Unfortunately no! The only daughter near enough to do it does her printing at work and of course, they are closed and won't be opening until possibly September - health and beauty spa.

              OC
              Oh poo!.. That's no good is it?
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

              Comment


                #8
                Do you guys have public printers such as officeworks in the uk? I get all my printing done by them. Usually 200 pages pmsl. I leave it too long, usually because i know it takes an afternoon or two to sort out the paperwork.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                  Do you guys have public printers such as officeworks in the uk? I get all my printing done by them. Usually 200 pages pmsl. I leave it too long, usually because i know it takes an afternoon or two to sort out the paperwork.
                  Not that I am aware of Kyle.. 'some/most' libraries have photocopiers/printers that you can get things printed off etc.. printers are so cheap to buy here though it's daft £30! it costs more to fill them with ink than it does to buy a new printer! blooming daft talk about single-use plastics.. it's utter madness!
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                    I'm desperate for the local library to reopen, I have no printer at home but a recent breakthrough means I have 20 pages of wills etc to print off! Added to that frustration is the fact that the library was just about to move into new premises before lockdown, so that will be a further delay, grr.

                    OC
                    I just had a look at online printing and found this Kyle.
                    OC it might help you too..

                    https://www.ryman.co.uk/services/print

                    and there is also

                    https://www.doxdirect.com/

                    who knew such services were about? not me.. but I do now.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ooh, thankyou for that, Julie! I didn't know that either, so useful because my library is only open 3 days a week at the best of times. Now to collect everything up.....

                      OC

                      Comment


                        #12
                        mind you like you say you can get a printer for £25, 125 copies at 20p and you get your money back! I never buy the 'proper' inks. Have to say I use mine so infrequently I think the inks must dry up, so have to get it to clean heads about 4 times to get it working. Now I have started using the on line postage I need a printer! I hadn't realised you can do online postage and still get proof of posting in the PO (when I am ready to venture into PO), and you get a discount online.

                        Guess with all this working and schooling at home printers are limited choice atm!
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

                        Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Cbc

                          I got rid of my printer because the inks dried up and my copies were costing me about £2 each! As I lived five doors down from the library, I never got round to replacing my printer. My present need is a one off and I probably won't need anything else printed for a year, lol. Add to that, I have no computer, so no point in having a plug in printer anyway.

                          OC

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                            Ooh, thankyou for that, Julie! I didn't know that either, so useful because my library is only open 3 days a week at the best of times. Now to collect everything up.....

                            OC
                            That's ok OC if it makes life easier then I'm all for it.
                            Julie
                            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                              Cbc

                              I got rid of my printer because the inks dried up and my copies were costing me about £2 each! As I lived five doors down from the library, I never got round to replacing my printer. My present need is a one off and I probably won't need anything else printed for a year, lol. Add to that, I have no computer, so no point in having a plug in printer anyway.

                              OC
                              Presumably you are accessing this forum with either a phone or tablet over WiFi? You can buy a WiFi enabled printer reasonably cheaply these days. Connect it to your router (cable should be in the box) and download the appropriate app to your tablet or phone. Open the app and it should “see” your printer. Printing from your device is then simples 👍

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X