Frederick Smith in 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Smith in 1939

Hi, I know Smith is probably one of the hardest names to sift through Frederick Edward Alexander Smith b. 21 Nov 1898 married Minnie Jenkins in 1920 in Edmonton, Essex. In 1939 Minnie is in hospital and I can't find Frederick. I can't find any children to help find him either as there are a fair few Smith/Jenkins births on FreeBMD between 1920-1939 I guess I need to order a birth certificate of one of their possible children and then trace them (if they're still alive on the 1939)?
    Thanks
    Tessie

is she in hospital in the Edmonton area? I can see 9 births on FMP in Edmonton 1920 to 1930, I guess some of the names are from a 'stock' so might be worth a go on one of them.

No minnies, fredericks, or edwards. But in 1920 a Alexander F that could be promising?
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

they are reg on electors, they are at 35 Latymer Way in the 1930s and then they are in 1950 with 3 children 65 Wilbury Way.

There is a register for every year, for a number of years, so you should be able to trace them that way.
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-05-20, 18:54.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

ooh something odd in 1939 there are Smyth at that address - but a William and Caroline....

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...0738_0738a_011
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Comment

Hi Carolyn, she's in the North Middlesex County Hospital. I was thinking Alexander is probably theirs! One of her sisters also marries a Smith in 1923 and the 1939 show 3 of those children - so if I could find Frederick with some of theirs I'd be a little further forward with working out which children belong wo which couple! I'm going to look for some of the children born before 1923 on the 1939!

Comment

Ah thanks for the extra info. - off to explore, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              Hi Carolyn, she's in the North Middlesex County Hospital. I was thinking Alexander is probably theirs! One of her sisters also marries a Smith in 1923 and the 1939 show 3 of those children - so if I could find Frederick with some of theirs I'd be a little further forward with working out which children belong wo which couple! I'm going to look for some of the children born before 1923 on the 1939!
              I think you missed my reg of elector posts
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Comment

here they are at 65 Wilbury Way

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                  This is the 1939 you have linked to showing Frederick and Arthur - the two blanked out must be Alexander and Ronald!

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
                    ooh something odd in 1939 there are Smyth at that address - but a William and Caroline....

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...0738_0738a_011
                    I think this one is wrong

Comment

Where do I find the elec reg on Ancestry? Can't find a specific one for Essex and the UK one I found is only from 2003! Help (again)!

Comment

you just search under census and look at dates 1940

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/co...dd916a80d3c43c

Edmonton was in Middlesex, now part of greater London (Enfield district)
                        Last edited by cbcarolyn; 25-05-20, 19:00.
                        Carolyn
                        Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                        X