Marriage Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Certificate

Your thoughts and guidance required on how to find the picture version of a marriage cerificate between Ernest Hampson (1885) and Ada Anderson (1887) married on the 13 Apr 1908 • Glossop, Derbyshire.

I can only find the list version but I have noted the following details:

Ernest was Living at 63 Hall St, Glossop -- Ada 32, Freetown, Glossop. They were married at WESLEYAN REFORM UNION CHURCH, Howard Street, Glossop. Witness were my grandparents --Charles Shephard and Marion Haynes.

As I have this information I must have seen it but not saved it. I need help to find it again but I have no idea how/where I found it in the first place.

I’m not sure what you mean by the list version? It’s on freebmd so can you not just order it from the GRO?
    Hampson Ernest Glossop 7b 1816

Did you see it on someone else's Ancestry tree maybe?
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

I cannot see a marriage image for them at Ancestry, FMP or family search. I wonder if you found the info from someone's public family tree online. It's possible they have now made it private or deleted the tree.

Is this your tree on Ancestry?? - 2Bremembered - if not then this is probably where you got the info from:

marriage.JPG
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 17-05-20, 08:45. Reason: grammar
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I did wonder if there was a newspaper announcement, but can't see one on FMP, I did find a sad story about a suicide :(

Like GG wondering if someone has a cert on their tree if you don't have it.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

These are the people that have the marriage in their tree. None have an image in their galleries but there are some private trees - you could always contact them to see if they have the cert and whether they would scan it for you.
          https://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/co...60618&count=50
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Katarzyna - 2Bremembered is my tree, I have searched through all the people that have that have this marriage in public trees and as you say, none have the image. I have not contacted anyone with a private tree for Ada & Ernest.
            It may have been in a tree that has been deleted as it was a long while ago when I did this entry.

List version, sorry meant to put freebmd. I could order it from the GRO but it is not high on my priority list, until a close family relation of hers asked if I had a copy due to the information I had put in my tree.

I will now decide weather to give up my quest of finding it, or ordering it.

Thank-you all for looking.

Comment

It looks like you copied the information from a proper certificate so, wherever you got it from the information is likely to be reliable (copying error excepted of course!)

Anne

Comment

Or someone has seen the church register at a record office and made their own transcription. That is what I did 20/30 years ago, long before records were online and before photography was allowed at record offices. Have you looked to see if you can find online images of that register anywhere?

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I think these may be the records you need and their location:

MANCHESTER CENTRAL LIBRARY, Archives Dept., St Peter’s Square, Manchester M2 5PD

Wesley Chapel, Howard bp 1846-1960 Town (WM) m 1848-1860

(I googled "Glossop wesleyan reform union church +records" and also tried Derbyshire Record office (appendix 2 of the list that came up.)

Maybe the library would do a look up for you and send you a copy of the register image - possibly not as much as sending for the cert.

Jay
                  Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thank-you Janet I will try Manchester Central Library and see if they can help, it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X