Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP nation School Register

I have just found a reference to a couple of my relatives on Find My Past @

Create an account for free with Findmypast to discover your family history and build a family tree. Search birth records, census data, death records and more.

Unfortunately all I can discover is that it is a 'National School Admission Registers & Log-books 1870-1914 Image'.

Is there any way of finding what was the name / location of the school ?

DGJay

Well thats quick.
    Just found what I am seeking in the transcription.........
    DGJay

Comment

This could be the same as parish registers. The image may not give the actual name of the church at the top of the page, just the parish name and there may be chapelries in the parish as well as the main church. If you can see a backwards arrow on the left of the image, click it. That should take you to the previous image in the set. Then you will see a box at the bottom of the new image which tells you which page you are looking at and the total number in the set. Click into the page number box and replace the current page number with the number 1. That will take you right back to the start of the set and you should see the starting film slide which has the name of the set and the film reference numbers. Now click the right hand arrow and scroll through if you would also like to see the title page of the register as written by the teacher. You could save that as well to complement the image containing your relative.
      In your case though you will not be seeing a church name at the start but a school name! Principle is the same though

Comment

Working...
      X