Francis George Parker Foster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis George Parker Foster

I'm putting a fine tooth comb to my family tree making sure dates labeled birth are not baptism and dates labeled death are not buried.
    Long ago I recorded the end of Francis George Parker Foster's short life which I found in the Silchester, Hants, parish records as 19 Jan 1881.
    But is it the death date or the buried date?
    Does anyone live close by to Winchester to check this out or have access to online records that would confirm death or burial?
    Thanks
    Donelda
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Whoops there is another one ---- Francis Bartholemew Parker. He was baptised 7 Dec 1862 in Silchester and died???? or buried???? 22 Aug 1863.
    Thanks.
    I will be back tomorrow morning. I suspect most of you are sound asleep at the moment.
    Donelda
    Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

In my experience, if only one date in a baptism register, then that is the date of baptism, not birth. The same with burial register - only one date means that was the burial date.

OC

Comment

Looks like Francis was born 1st qtr 1881 registration district Bradfield Berkshire and died same year 3rd qtr and same district. Unless you have the death cert I would expect what you found was the burial but it doesn't fit so is it the baptism you have found.

It's the only Francis George P Foster I can find.

Will have a look at the other person now
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

There is a tree on ancestry that has Francis Bartholemew Parker dying 28 Aug 1863 but can't find a burial on there or FMP
          Lin

Comment

I do not trust trees on ancestry. Also I suspect many people over the years have done the same as me birth/ baptism ..... close enough..... died/buried..... close enough. Frances Bartholomew Parker was baptised 7 Dec 1862. All the trees have him dying 28 Aug while I have him dying 22 Aug. So I suspect that Francis died 22 Aug and was buried 28 Aug. I got these dates over 20 years ago from the parish records but did not bother to be exact. so on Francis Bartholomew I'm going with my date being the died date.

So that just leaves Francis George Foster..... that date I'm not sure where i got. Might have to remain a mystery.
            Thanks for your thoughts and guidance.
            Donelda

Comment

My tree is the same as yours. Far more accurate these days but just wanted to get everything entered and on with the next person when I started. I have also been going through a lot of names and now don't know where I got the info from.
              Lin

Comment

That is where I was a few years ago. Going through all my scribbler notes and entering in source information. Did not see that box when I first started with Family Tree Maker back in the early 90s and did not see the need. Which of course meant in the end redoing all the research to enter the source. but again did not bother with labeling birth or baptism ... just recorded parish records ..... so had to do it again. BUT some records were found at the church or only at the records office and those records are not easily available to me thousands of miles away..
                Donelda

Comment

Working...
                X