Sharing Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Ancestry

Can anyone tell me in plain language how to share people in my tree onto my grandsons tree that he is setting up
    Thank you
    Ann

I think he might have to copy from you. I don't think you can 'send' them to him, although I might be wrong.
    Anne

Comment

Anne, I cant find any way to send to him so we will try the copy way
      Thank you
      Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Oldie View Post
        Anne, I cant find any way to send to him so we will try the copy way
        Thank you
        Ann
        I know I can save people to other trees I own in ancestry, although it only saves BMD info, not profile photos or any other info or sources as far as I can recall. Sometimes you can do family batches at a time but I've never quite figured out who is the best person to click on for that to happen.

I'm not sure if it would work if you had editor rights to your grandson's tree, but it might be worth him inviting you to his tree with editor rights and giving it a go. It's not a complete solution by any means, but it takes some of the drudgery out of copying.

In your tree, click on chosen person's profile/facts page, then click on the +save to tree tab, then select the name of the tree you want to save to (ie your grandson's tree)
        You then have the option to add the info to an existing person in the chosen tree, or add them as a new person.

Once you have saved, you are in the second tree, so you then have to go back into your tree to repeat the process...

Good luck.

Christine

Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I guess the other thing would be to download gedcom and then he uploads into tree. you both link to one and another and any new records will be on the member connect.

Or you can just both use same tree?
          Last edited by cbcarolyn; 12-05-20, 17:35.
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will try everything out as we cant use the same tree
            Regards
            Ann

Comment

Working...
            X