Marriage look up on FMP please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage look up on FMP please

Hi, I have a great great Aunt that I can't find a marriage for on Ancestry or FreebMD yet I have 3 children from a marriage. She was born in 1913 so I'm pretty sure she's deceased - am I ok to post details?
    Thanks
    Tessie

Unless she’s 106/7 then I reckon you’ll be ok. What’s her full maiden name and the surname that her children have? I take it you are 100% sure the children are hers?

Comment

GallowayLass - so her name is Eveline / Evelyn Snozwell b. 1913, Wantage, Berkshire. On the 1939 she is down as married with the name Smith and is living / staying with her parents (there are 2 blanked out spaces below which I presume are the 2 children born before the 1939 register) so I assume Mr Smith is off for the war. I am also unable to find her death as Smith so wonder if she re-marries at some stage too (currently looking into that)!
      Thanks
      Tessie

Comment

She was born with the middle name Rosina. I think this is her marriage mistranscribed as SUDGEWELL in Henley which matches the first pair of SMITH children (boys) with mms SNOZWELL in the indexes. There are a couple of post war boys who match surname and mms in Wantage and another boy and a girl in the 1950’s in Swindon. Is that them?
        Evelyn R Sudgwell Jul 1932 Jul-Aug-Sep Henley Oxfordshire Thomas Smith

Comment

Probable death
          Evelyn Rosina Smith 4 Jul 1913 May 1992 Cirencester Gloucestershire

Comment

Ah thanks! Snozwell to Sudgewell was well beyond my thinking of different mis-spellings haha! I had found another boy post war but not the others - I'll have a look! Thanks as ever GallowayLass!!

Comment

No probs Tessie. Glad to help. Just couldn’t resist another challenge with your horribly mistranscribed Snozwells

Comment

I don't know how they can get so mistranscribed

Comment

Working...
                X