Emma Amelia Dyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma Amelia Dyer

Another Dyer sister brick wall so I hope someone can help...

Emma Amelia Dyer, born 1861 Belfast. Parents John Dyer and Eliza Taylor.

After that, the only other record I have of her is as the informant on her mother's death cert in 1895 - top entry here where she gives her name as Emma A Dyer with same address as her mother, 38 Pine Street, Belfast.

After 1895, I have nothing. So can anyone find her marrying, dying, emigrating in censuses or newspapers, anything after that date?

Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Been looking, found nought.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Have you located the rest of the siblings, wondered if she would have joined one of them following parents death. May have even married quickly.

i don’t know my way around Irish records, so no help there. Have looked in gmail and ancestry, and found nothing.
      Last edited by cbcarolyn; 10-05-20, 08:14.
      Carolyn
      Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
      Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Won’t let me edit...meant to say did look in fmp and ancestry, and as yet draw a blank.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

I also looked yesterday and didn't find anything.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            Have you located the rest of the siblings, wondered if she would have joined one of them following parents death. May have even married quickly.

i don’t know my way around Irish records, so no help there. Have looked in gmail and ancestry, and found nothing.
            By 1895 there were only 2 surviving full sisters - Theresa Dyer Hanna who had emigrated to Australia in 1884 and Mary Louisa Dyer who was in Dublin by some time in the 1890s, although she nipped over to Ipswich, England in 1897 to have an illegitimate child.

There were also two much older half-brothers, Cortland Dyer, b c 1835 who was in Cumberland, England in 1861-1881 and then emigrated to Brooklyn, NY plus William b 1840 who emigrated to the USA mid-1860s (Pennsylvania, Kansas before settling permanently in Spokane, Washington state.)
            I've tried all over the place for years... she could be anywhere, but it's amazing that she seems to have evaded any sort of record-keeping.
            After unexpectedly pinning down via this forum (see thread Emily Dyer) that another full sister died in Glasgow (albeit in 1886) Scotland is the only place where I haven't had a really concerted look...

Christine.
            Researching:
            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Working...
            X