I know it shouldn't be here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it shouldn't be here....

But, is it me....... This sub-forum seems to be the only one where under the heading 'statistics' , the number of responses is always showing zero instead of the true number of replies.

DGJay

Yes noticed it the last few days, wondered if it was just me!

Comment

Yes, I've noticed that the replies don't update. Also it says there is an error when you post anything leading to double posts. It seems to be only this Family History Research part that does this.
      Anne

Comment

Yes there is a problem, Tim is trying to solve it, it only seems to be this sub forum like you say.
        Carolyn
        Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
        Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
          But, is it me....... This sub-forum seems to be the only one where under the heading 'statistics' , the number of responses is always showing zero instead of the true number of replies.

Ditto - I've noticed the same issues over the last few days. Can't edit posts either.

Christine
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

what happens when you try to edit a post?
            Carolyn
            Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
              what happens when you try to edit a post?
              I insert the changes, click the save option, no error message comes up, so you assume the changes/additions have been made, but the message stays as originally posted.
              Also in the last few days - nearly missed some replies to a thread I had started, as usual red notifications alert was not showing, plus on the stats summary it looked like I was the last poster...

Christine
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you. will add to our list
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Comment

Yesterday I replied at length to the query about a Albert Lambe. Not only is there no reply count but this morning the reply has also disappeared. I didn’t keep a copy of my reply and can’t remember everything I had written. Doh!
                  EDIT Just a thought - the op had double posted. Has the one with my reply been deleted by accident?

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                    Yesterday I replied at length to the query about a Albert Lambe. Not only is there no reply count but this morning the reply has also disappeared. I didn’t keep a copy of my reply and can’t remember everything I had written. Doh!
                    EDIT Just a thought - the op had double posted. Has the one with my reply been deleted by accident?
                    There are two posts - one on General Research the other on Sensitive Research. Your post is there on the Gen Research thread here
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks for that. It was late on last night and didn’t twig they were in different sections. Today, I only saw one which I now realise is not the one I replied to. Soz.
                      I would have looked for the marriage myself but have been having the gremlins with NI site for ages now. I have had to call support 3 times now to get my password reset as it keeps locking me out saying it’s wrong. Once it’s reset and saved into my keychain I can get one go out of it and do what I need but once I log out that’s it. Need to reset all over again when I need access again.

Comment

It's still weird. Still some threads show 0 responses when there are.
                        Some threads show the last person responding and that time - but it's not the last entry.

Comment

or more fun, when it shows my avatar, with cbcarolyn as author?
                          temp.png

that was on the USA census thread

Comment

I can’t upload images says server error and then couldn’t post a few words of explanation in the Fridge Magnet thread

Comment

Just tried uploading photo to Fridge Magnet again and everything worked as it should. Weird!

Comment

Gremlins
                                Carolyn
                                Family Tree site

Comment

Working...
                                X