Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Lambe

Hi All

I am going to give this a go with very little information, hoping for a miracle. So apologies, in advance.

I am looking for a man named Albert Lambe, who has most likely passed away. He was my grandfather and my Dad's father. He was married to my grandmother called Elizabeth (Lizzy) Lambe (maiden name Bell) and had two kids, Albert John Lambe (my father) and Alexander Lambe. All of which have passed away. I was told that after the kids were born Albert Lambe left the wife and kids to go to the Army in England and never was heard of again. I am not sure when he would have left, but it would have been between 1944 and 1950. This is what I have been told. I am not sure if this is what happened but this is all I can say (in the meantime). I don't know his date of birth or full name. he might have been English but not 100% sure. We are situated in Cookstown, Northern Ireland.

Apologies, again but if this rings a bell with anyone please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Will

No bells ringing but have you got a copy of the marriage certificate for him and Elizabeth Bell? Hopefully it will give an actual age for him rather than just “of full age” which just means he was over 21. Bear in mind though that people were not averse to telling fibs about their age on official documents.
    If you haven’t already got that cert., you should register at PRONI online and buy some credit and look for the cert. You will be able to see the actual cert. providing it’s not excluded from online viewing because it’s too recent. The cert. will give you Albert’s father’s name and occupation and should say if he was alive or deceased at the time of his son’s marriage. Unfortunately NI certs never mention who a person’s mother was except on a birth certificate.
    Don’t despair though as if the family have always been in the same place, it’s likely Albert’s parents married in the same area, if not the same church. You could search the online indexes for a marriage that fits. You will find the bride’s maiden name that way. If there’s more than one possible marriage then note down all the different maiden surnames.
    Next look in the birth indexes for a birth for Albert with a mother’s maiden surname that matches one on your list. Hopefully there will only be one match. Depending on when Albert was born, you may have to either purchase the certificate by post or visit PRONI in Belfast in person where you can see the images for more recent certificates but not save them. There will be a charge for your seat. You can place an order to purchase there as well.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

wrong year sorry

Comment

sorry

Comment

Hi Will - welcome.
          It's Geni you need to register with and buy credits from. From a search of https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk this looks to be their marriage below - I reverse checked and spouse's name is Elizabeth Bell.
          As GL says above, buy credits and then click on the full option - this will cost five credits which cost £1.50 the last time I used it. (Bargain!)
          From memory, this allows you to view (but not save) the record for 72 hours (although there are ways and means. (PM me if you want details!)
          This will give you his father's name and hopefully a precise age, rather than just saying full age.
          Given the date of marriage, it's a reasonable bet he was born before the end of 1919 in which case you can search for and download his birth record for free via irishgenealogy.ie. This covers Northern Ireland marriages and deaths up till the end of 1921 and partition, but the 100 year rule applies to births so they only have births up to the end of 1919 at the moment.
          GENI updates births on a rolling basis so I think you should be able to search for births up to today's date 100 years ago.
          Albert Lamb Bell 5th April 1941 Cookstown Enhanced
          Full
          Order certificate
          Let us know what the marriage cert says if you want any further help.

Good luck,
          Christine
          Researching:
          HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I'm way out then, thought it funny.

Comment

Working...
            X