Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the Starr family of Great Sampford, Essex

Hello,

I’m trying to find more on John and Elizabeth Starr. I can see the earliest child (FamilySearch) being christened at Great Sampford in 1682. Could anyone have a look to see if there’s any marriages, or anything any further back?

I’d appreciate any help!

Adam

Hi Adam

Looked on FMP and there is Marguareta Starr bap 9 Mar 1679 d/o John at Great Sampford. Can't see a marriage there or on Frereg,

There are indexes to will and on 1718 A Smith left money to John Starr (brother) and a few Starr nieces and nephews or Little or Great Sampford.

It's only an index but if you don't have it I can let you have all the names

Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I'm afraid you will find very little online for Essex.
      The first entry in the register for St Michael of Great Sampford is 1559 but you can only see the registers online with a subscription or by visiting the Essex RO.

https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.u...onservice.aspx
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Seax is quite useful for online essex registers, however the image quality is quite poor at times.

Comment

I do know some of the images are on family search, but not indexed for Essex on family search. Are these the ones you have found?
          Carolyn
          Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
          Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Originally posted by cbcarolyn View Post
            I do know some of the images are on family search, but not indexed for Essex on family search. Are these the ones you have found?
            Yes, you're right Carolyn. I have a lot of family in Essex and it's a trial finding them on Family Search - some like you say are not even indexed under Essex. I had a good rummage round for Starr family but found no more than Lin did.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

it was from here that I found out about it - probably you that guided me through, sadly my area seems to be lacking in general - my early registers were destroyed in a fire or something.
              Carolyn
              Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
              Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
              X