Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you still sending for PDF certificates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still sending for PDF certificates?

I'm on a roll with my research and could really do with some PDF death certificates. The notice on the GRO website is a bit ambiguous saying it may take longer and not to pester (fair enough) but then saying "If your order is not urgent, please help us to support those who need our services the most by coming back at a later date to apply." I don't want to be a nuisance but .....??

Has anyone else sent for any recently or all we all going to wait?

Anne

I sent for a PDF around a month ago and it arrived yesterday, so that should give you a rough estimate of when to expect a certificate Anne
    My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

No pdf certificate is "urgent" because they have no legal standing as far as most bodies are concerned, so I'm not quite sure what they mean, it is up to them to set aside requests in favour of urgent certicates if they can't cope, or suspend the service entirely for the duration.

So I'd go ahead and order.them!

OC

Comment

I ordered 2 on 17th Apr but still waiting. I knew it would be a long wait but after looking them up and deciding which they were, thought it was easier to sent and keep a list.

Hopefully not too long now if Paul's arrived in a month.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I've been waiting for a few weeks, too. I guess they'll get there eventually.
          Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Great, thanks! I'll go ahead and not feel guilty
            Anne

Comment

i ordered a cert 27th march and it has came today
              **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ordered 4 pdf on 8th April. Im still waiting
                Sue ;)

Comment

I had to wait 4 weeks for a pdf birth. and I ordered another one on the 16th April.. so I might get that next week.. my research has stalled at the moment as I am waiting to see what this says!
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Mine took about a month too - I've got others in the pipeline so will just need to wait. I guess they are getting more requests and maybe fewer staff to do the copying?
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Update. Just received the 4 today ordered on 8th April
                      Sue ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Suein10b View Post
                        Update. Just received the 4 today ordered on 8th April
                        chuff me 6 weeks?? were they actual certs Sue? or pdfs?
                        Julie

Comment

I have a few certs I want. PDF would be fine. I think I might as well order them now and just wait because once they open orders again they will be inundated and the wait could still be for ages.

Comment

I've just received the 2 PDFs I sent for on the 10th April, so it is still about a month to wait. Another pair due from the 18th.
                            Caroline
                            Caroline's Family History Pages
                            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post

chuff me 6 weeks?? were they actual certs Sue? or pdfs?

pdf xx
                              Sue ;)

Comment

Just received a death certificate ordered on 23 April, so just less than a month. Correct one as well.
                                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

My pdf came yesterday.. from 16th April and it's not the right one [again] so 16th april-19th may.
                                  Julie

Comment

I’ve just received one today, too. A pdf ordered on 18th April. It’s an interesting one about the lady that fell off the balcony. I’ll add it to the thread about her story if I can find it
                                    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Hello,

Could someone please post the link to apply for the pdf copies.

Many thanks and stay safe.

Comment

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp You will need to register first. Happy hunting

Comment

Working...
                                        X