Free FMP at home with Manchester Libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free FMP at home with Manchester Libraries

Spotted this on another forum. You can register with Manchester Libraries online. I just did and picked Web as my library. I thought maybe I might see something saying my card would be posted to me but no, I have a temporary membership for 2 weeks and must turn up in person with 1 proof of address to collect my actual card. That’s not possible at the moment . I logged in to the main catalogue and the link was there under Family History Services near the bottom of the page.
    The odd thing was I was autologged in by clicking the link on the page with a generic Manchester Libraries id but when FMP came up, it actually knew it was me. I currently have a sub. Weird but at least I know access is working.
    The library homepage also gives access to The Manchester Collection on ancestry.
    Scroll down the page till you see the sixth link on the right called “Investigate your family history for free from home.”
    Hope it helps someone.

https:// manclibraries. blog /2020/04/27 /investigate-your-family-history-for-free-from-home/

I have a feeling you can join most of the libraries and get a temp membership, I had mentioned it yesterday on the other thread about Ancestry being free in libraries.

For FMP and BNA in the library edition you log into your account which I think is much better.
    Carolyn
    Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
    Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

Working...
    X