In Nursing home would they be on electoral roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Nursing home would they be on electoral roll

cannot find the death for somebody I thought had died, if she was in a home would she be listed

In my experience yes Val. I am the informant on a few certificates being the nurse on duty.
    Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
    http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

thanks I know she would have left a will, so been guessing roughly what year she would have died.

Comment

Was it an ordinary home, or was it for dementia patients? If dementia, Idont think they can vote, or if not, maybe she opted out.I

OC

Comment

I dont know yet OC but you have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            cannot find the death for somebody I thought had died, if she was in a home would she be listed
            My father's care home ensures that all who want to be are on the roll and receive postal posts but he is opted out.
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I've found some distant relatives in care homes on the electoral rolls but these were in the early 2000,s.

I don't know if my Dad was on the roll when he was in care but he had dementia and I never thought to ask.

Also was the death in the home or hospital, because we are on the Nottm/Derbys border and we always have to look in both counties.
              Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I just asked my husband what we did about MiL and can't quite remember, he seemed to think he needed to do it not the home. So wondering if they are often missed off.
                Carolyn
                Family Tree site

Researching: Luggs, Freeman - Cornwall; Dayman, Hobbs, Heard - Devon; Wilson, Miles - Northants; Brett, Everett, Clark, Allum - Herts/Essex
                Also interested in Proctor, Woodruff

Comment

My mother had a postal vote at her care home. I was the informant of her death.

Comment

Thanks everybody, I'm now wondering if she died sooner than we thought, as I cannot find a death record for her.
                    Off to have another look.

Comment

Working...
                    X