Look up on Scotlands People please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look up on Scotlands People please?

Hello, an ancestor married a girl from Scotland - I like to have as much info. as possible (BMD). Is it possible for anyone to look up Agnes for me please?
    If so her details are (would like her birth as have the others) Agnes Londen Hill b. around 1880 Johnstone, Renfrewshire. Her parents are Donald and Maggie. On the 1881 census they were living at Managevi House, Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire. Thanks

I don't have any credits at present, but I logged on and put in Agnes Hill born Renfrew 1878 t0 1885.

It produced 2 results - 1879, Agnes Hill, 1883 Agnes Anderson Hill, so I would guess that the first one is probably your girl.

If you're wanting to research her family as well as herself, then I would recommend buying some credits for Scotlands people - they start at 30 for £7.50, which would probably enable you to view and download five registrations or census entries. That is excellent value when compared with the price of individual PDF downloads from the GRO site. I found it a really good site when I was researching some Scottish kinsfolk.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There's an Agnes Loudon Hill born in Kilbarchan, Renfrew, in 1879. Apparently Kilbarchan is just 2 miles from Johnstone. Will message you.
      Kind regards,
      William
      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

If your Agnes was later a Mrs Chamberlain and died 1925 Hillhead then Wulliam has found you the correct birth.

Comment

Donald McKenzie HILL married Margaret LOUDEN 1875 Neilston. Most likely her parents as the area is close by to what you have on the census. So it looks like the registrar’s returns to GRO for her 1906 marriage to Mr Chamberlain contain a spelling error re: her middle name. I would not be concerned at all that on marriage her mother’s ms is indexed as LOUDEN and not LOUDON.

Comment

1897 HILL or LOUDON, Maggie died aged 54 in Johnstone and Elderslie Reg. Dist.

Comment

Ah thank you everyone! All of this makes sense so is the right people

Comment

Working...
              X