Occupation help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation help please.

Can someone tell me what this might say? She's a 53 year old widow.

LEC occupation 1851 snip.JPG
    Attached Files
    Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

"An annuitant is an individual who is entitled to collect the regular payments of a pension or an annuity investment. The annuitant may be the contract holder or another person, such as a surviving spouse."

Is she a blacksmith as well or is that the person underneath
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 13-04-20, 12:17.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thank you, I thought it was something like that but it wasn't a word that I recognised. It is her son below that is a blacksmith and so was her deceased husband and two more of her sons. I wonder where the annuity would have come from?
      Main research interests.. CAESAR (Surrey and London), GOODALL (London), SKITTERALL, WOODWARD (Middlesex and London), BARBER (Canterbury, Kent), DRAYSON (Canterbury, Kent), CRISP (Kent) and CHEESEMAN (Kent).

Comment

Did her husband leave a will or were the sons contributing to her keep? I'm not sure it has to be anything official but just means she has a small sum of money coming in regularly.
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I'll do some more research and see what I can find. Probably not a will but maybe something to do with a blacksmiths association?

Comment

Working...
          X