Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Edward after 1901?

Hi all!
    I'm trying to find out what happened to Edward Bonner b. 1879, Checkendon (Henley reg. district), Oxfordshire after the 1901 census. On this census he is unmarried.
    This is the link for him on the 1901 - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bi...57&usePUB=true
    Thanks for reading

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

Could this be him in 1911 in Monmouthshire, born Oxford.. On 1901 it did say her was married!
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

If it is he married Beatrice Evans in 1909 Monmouthshire.
      Lin

Comment

Lin, sorry yes it does say he's married - I'm wondering why he would be back in Checkendon (quite rural village) with one of his brothers without his wife and how he would of ended up in Wales in the first place. I guess I could order their marriage cert. to get his Father's name to be sure its him!
        Thanks

Comment

I would have a look round first to see if there is anything else first as I'm not sure it is him.
          Lin

Comment

Lin, yes I have looked, tried lots of combo's but couldn't come up with anything! I'll look into this one a bit more to see if I can rule him out rather than in! Thanks

Comment

Bingo. His army records are on FMP so will probably be on ancestry. Living in Monmouthshire, wife Mrs B Bonner and born Henley on Thames.
              Lin

Comment

If it helps his service number is 266245. 2nd batt, South Lancashire Regiment
                Lin

Comment

Lin, thanks! I guess the work in the coal mines took them to Wales! I'll get onto this later - you're a star!

Comment

Working...
                  X