Ann ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann ?

Could anyone figure out my puzzle . I have a William Purves b 1764 in Berwick, Northumberland, England . He married Ann ? 27th Jan 1788. He had 7 children according to various trees on Ancestry, I found his headstone in Trinity Churchyard which states deaths for 2 children died in infancy , Ann and Robert b 1804 d 1805 d ? All birth certs state parents . William Purves and Ann . Other children Margaret and John also died young . Can`t find anywhere what Ann`s last name is .Various trees mention Hay or Robertson . Usually there is a clue in middle name of children. Can`t find a Hay ,but several Robertsons. Now on Ann` s death cert witness is named as daughter Ann Purves . Did they have another daughter named Ann ,if this is her it looks as though she never married ,or did the first Ann not die? Going round in circles !! Any help would be great ,Thanks

I'm puzzled, you have the exact date of marriage, but not the bride's surname?

OC

Comment

Just can`t find a certificate to prove surname . I think I fell into the trap of believing posts on ancestry were accurate, but still haven`t found one single mention of her surname .

Comment

Just for interest, on familysearch the bpt for son William is 27/1/1788 which you have as William and Ann's wedding date. Would they be the same date??? As yet haven't found a wedding date for them.

Comment

Too early for a certificate. Where has that date come from?

OC

Comment

There is an Ann c 1804

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
            http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Did this tree in 2014, not sure where I got this date from for marriage , possibly from a tree on Ancestry Not very experienced then and possibly copied it from a tree. Ann b 1804 is William and Ann`s daughter .

Comment

Working...
              X