William Mitchel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Mitchel

I am currently trying to figure out when the above man, who was my 3x great-grandfather died and when his wife died also. He married Sarah Brown on 19/08/1867 in Garvagh and they had children right up until 1888, with their last child born being Joseph Mitchel (Born in Boveedy). I know she died between 1888 and 1901 but I cant find any records for this.

William is recorded as 60 years old and a widower in the 1901 census living in Lisachrin, Garvagh, County Londonderry. He is living with his son, also named William Mitchel and his family. He is not living with his son in 1911 census which makes me think he died before that, again I can find no trace of him, even after that date.

I fully expected William and his wife Sarah to have both died in the Garvagh area where they lived their whole lives. Any help I can get with this would be much appreciated. A fresh mindset. Thank you

I had a good look - probably in all the same places you have already searched - when you first posted, but didn't manage to find anything even by widening the search outside the areas you mention.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I also had a look but couldn't find anything. Have you traced all their children to see if they moved out of the area? My 2x GGrandfather lived all his life in Kent but died in West Derby where his daughter lived.

Comment

Working...
      X